Successful Wounded Warrior hunt in Springville

HuntnBrew

Reaction score
So a couple of months ago a guy hits me up on here and had seen what I was doing with the Warriors and Turkey hunting. He hit me up and said that he and a buddy wanted to get some guys out to a ranch and shoot some pigs. I was all about it. We touched base a couple times and then picked a date. Chris and his buddy John were going to cover the hotel and ranch/guide fees for this hunt. I was all about it. I got 3 awesome guys and we packed up the truck and drove north from San Diego. We met up with them and needless to say we were a little hung over in the morning at 4 A.M. To keep the story short I'll wrap it up saying it was great. 3 warriors who had never shot a pig and one who had never hunted all connected. Here are some of the pics. That being said I encourage all to take care of our boys. A special thanks to Chris and John for the time and money to make this happen. I'm happy to have made new friends. Also Neal our guide who did a great job. When I get the info I'll post his stuff on here.
379620_10151409212122693_820501910_n.jpg970179_10151409212367693_34212021_n.jpg992971_10151409212217693_742697400_n.jpg1004734_10151409212902693_21371639_n.jpg1013890_10151411340257693_1438050275_n.jpg1016520_10151409212497693_1492203006_n.jpg

HuntnBrew

Reaction score
Private ranch east of springville ca, just north of porterville.

TakeABackRoad

Reaction score
That is very cool. It's great to see out wounded service members getting to have some fun.

cjmassari

Reaction score
Great story and photos! Thanks for helping these guys out!

KTKT70

Reaction score
wow. nice job guys. congrats on the hogs. I also had read about the turkey hunts and have wondered about how that works ever since. I wish there was sum kind of purple heart hog hunt. The Lt. Col is not the kind of guy that will ask to go do stuff so I am the one trying to get us out in the field at sum point. I know he would also have a lot of real fun with other guys that have stories just like him. All the stories are good if they are being told by a guy that has come home safe in the end. I also think he and I would like to help out with doing this kind of thing.

good job again on not only the pigs but helping sum guys get out there. I look forward to learning more about how this kind of hunt work. Keep up the good work!! Thank you so much to the guys that server for our freedoms. :patiotic-wavin-flag

Last edited:

catchdog

Reaction score
First I want to say thanks for helping out those men and others. I am a vet but never in combat. I think it is great what you and others are doing for these vets that gave so much. Now, wow great job and congrats you pig slayers. thanks for your service. Maybe I should have put that first.

cjack

Reaction score
Great story! Good for you guys giving back. Neil is an awesome guide with some real good properties. The spotted pig is neat and gonna be good eating.

tpuig

JHO Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this. I'm a veteran, and am trying to take some vets out this year for pheasant with our SCI chapter. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, just getting somebody out in the field is what counts.

HuntnBrew

Reaction score
Thanks for doing this. I'm a veteran, and am trying to take some vets out this year for pheasant with our SCI chapter. It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, just getting somebody out in the field is what counts.
Absolutely, most of the guys I've met were just thrilled to be out of the house with a gun in their hands again. I tried doing some stuff with SCI here in San Diego and it didn't pan out. I would also say that most of them feel it's a successful hunt if they get to see the species that they're after. The other cool thing that I got to do is show these guys how to process the meat too. I stopped taking my game in just due to cost and I got to spend last weekend with the guys making 2 types of breakfast sausage and brats and packaging up the rest so that it will stay good in the freezer for at least a year (even though it will probably be ate by august).

Last edited:

KTKT70

Reaction score
that rocks!! how long did it take to learn how to do all that by your self? I bet you can make sum real good sausage after you get the hang of it. nice job on helping vets. very cool to give back.

HuntnBrew

Reaction score
that rocks!! how long did it take to learn how to do all that by your self? I bet you can make sum real good sausage after you get the hang of it. nice job on helping vets. very cool to give back.
It took me a couple of harvests to get it down pat. My brother worked as a butcher and I moonlighted as a cook for a few years. I also spent days on end before the season watching youtube vids to get an idea of what I wanted to do. My fist couple of times I used the packaged seasonings from bass pro but now I've got my own blends an pick up my casings from a local butcher along with some ribeye fat when he's trimming stuff and he basically gives me the stuff for free.

KTKT70

Reaction score
nice job. That's real cool. I also used to cook for a few years. I got out of that biz so I would like to cook at home again. I cant wait to learn how to do all this stuff on my own. On a side note.... if you ever want the best dry rub that I have ever had. just lest me know and I will point u too it. Kind of hard to get still cuz its made by hand here in my home town. But I am working with the guy to sell at stores and make the web site bigger and better also. Best of luck to you. Thank you for the info.

Top Bottom