Sunset Bass...

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Just got done hitting the ponds for the last hr tonight.
Hooked this nice 3 lbr. Then right after that I had one around 5 lbs on the hook it came out the water doing the shaky shaky dance and spit the hook out, a little heart breaker but i am lookibg for super lunker, it's only going to get better, right time right place!...tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

quaildeath

Reaction score
Beaut! See how light she is? Means she has been shallow for a while......wanting to make babies.

Revo2811

Reaction score
Hell yes TRA! This is why we needed Tapatalk back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Here u go John just 4 u, Well i went out for the sunset bite earlier this eve and this is what I hooked in the 1st. Pond on the 1st Cast, Bouyahh baby a nice lunker, it gave me a good fight with a few airial shakey shakey dances and I am suprized it didn't throw the hook, but I worked it in nice to the bank grabbed it and did the yahoo dance.
A solid 4 1/2 lbr at 20 in, all head and shoulders.
And that was my 1st. Fish, i was hoping to get another lunker to make the story better butt I will soon I am sure. but the rest of the eve it was all small ones but I had good time. I stayed out all the way to 8:20 et I hooked my last bass and called it night that pond has 2 little pesty gators i have to keep my eyes on, little chits...lol...enjoy!. ....tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Here's the other ones from this evening . .tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Yesterday evening I got out for the Sunset bite and hooked a few nice 2-3 lbrs. , there hitting the baits harder and fighting harder ea day. Didn't conect with any lunkers but got great action from the few chunkies I did.
There was one super lunker around 6 lb with a whale tail just 2 ft from the bank just hanging out and for 15 min. I tried everything but totally ignored me.
Then I will add a few pics from a quick midday pond hit too.

All these bass r wild not planters, all These retention ponds are connected to larger Bodies of water that surround the property that hold fish then when everything floods during the rainy or hurricane season fish and there eggs travel and flow through all these drain system and life begins in these retention ponds.
All the bass I hook in these ponds r catch and release so they can get bigger and live to spawn more future lunkers.
Now this is going to blow your mind, all these lunkers I hooked and have been posting latley some almost 6 lbrs. Are from fountain ponds that are 2 yrs old and less, what happened when Irma hit us last year everything flooded and got pushed and traveled through the drain systems from the older ponds which r around a decade old into the new ponds, and I have hooked and lost one dd in a pond only 1 1/2 old already.
Thnx 4 following my post!.....tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
More pics, lotta action yesterday!...tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Yesterday quick lunch time hook up, damn little gator chased me for my fish then came back just for me!....lol...tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Sunset fishing right how so i Might as well do a live time teaser report , just hooked this lunker, still have time to fish, of to another pond,stories later.....tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
It was a Long day yesterday i passed out last night as I was ready to post ...lol

So yesterday eveing i hit this one pond where I had some good lunker hits before but no hook ups. I am in the corner of the pond throwing lateral cast along the bank reeling it in and as I was ready to pull my bait out the water a nice lunker pops out of nowhere just gets a nibble on my bait, I freeze holding my pole and worm at the top of the water as the lunker was deciding to take it as we had a stare down but turns slowly back down into the black hole drain pipe, now my adrenaline is flowing with excitement so I quickly run back up the bank a few feet out of sight switch the blue worm bait to a zoom blue lizard then toss back out reeled it back in and set it right on the edge and lip of the huge underwater drain pipe and I feel a real light nibble and my line starts to slowly move back out and I set the hook and bam, I hooked that same lunker i just missed, got it up on the bank for pics and stats and back in the water for safe relief, I had two small gators within a few feet of me but they stayed put which is very unusual when I have a fighting bass on the line.
The around 8 pm I zoomed to another pond I lost a solid 6 lbr two nights ago, had it right up to the bank it did the head jerk and the hook was out and the fish was gone, it was a Heartbreaker it broke the water like a tarpon.
I had no luck hooking that lunker but did get a couple of nice 2 and 3 lbrs out of that pond, last bass hook up at 8:20 pm had a head lamp on had to get the hook out as a 4 ft gator was coming for me had to high step it to get away and get the fish unhooked and back in. That's the only problem fishing ponds at night here is dealing with gators or i would do it more often.
Here's more pics of the lunker and other bass I have hooked over the last 3 evenings, u guys r probably tired of looking at Bass pics but until I get my pb trophy bass or DD bass I will not rest...
Now I am challenging myself to get at least two 5 lbr hook ups within one fishing session until I hook my DD.
Thnx 4 following my post!......tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
More sunset bass hookups from the last 3 evenings....tra

Last edited:

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Just started the evening bite and 3 already, two 2 lbr and a 1 lbr only one side of a pond bank....yra

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Nice photos once again. I don't usually fish around sunset but a lot of guys are telling me I need to start.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Yeh i never got to finish my evening fishing adventure 2 nights ago I tripped and fell while walking the bank and a very sharp rock cut a deep 2 in gash on my shin so I had to head back to the house to repair myself, should of got stiches but I am my own emt and duct tape works just fine.....lol

Yeh John most lunkers this time of year start moving towards the shallows to feed. During the day they stay more in cover then at night they start to cruise the banks more, the brighter the moon light the deeper they will go to feed and less light they will stay more at the top and close to the bank.
I got out last night around 7pm till 8:25 and only had one bite and hook up, the ponds r dropping water dramatically right now and the water elevation change could be slightly effecting the bite.
Did a mid day hit the other day hooked about a 8 lb. On the frog pulled it up on the wet grass and the hook came out an the fish snaked it's way back in, ffnn hart breaker, it's OK plenty of lunkers to still hook and I don't forget where any of them hang out.
But as soon as the sun starts to set and the water gets calm the bites start coming one after another, I want to stay out later to fish but the gators make it tuff, some ponds have 2 gators and u really have to be on your toes when u hook a bass they r on it for a free meal....tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Hit the ponds around 7 tonight started slow didn't get my first bite till 7:45 then after that it was on, hooked a few more nice ones until 8:30, still lookin to hooking my personal best!...tra

Top Bottom