Superduty

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Come on Superduty!!!!! I cant wait any longer for the story or the pictures. How did you and Mrs. Superduty do at Tejon?

superduty

Reaction score
It must have been the text message you sent me to have good luck on Friday Hoghunter cause it worked.
We got there Friday around 4:pM and set up camp. The wife didn't make it up there tell late Friday night due to work so we make a sight seeing drive with my mom, sister, two boys, and two nephews. We saw bobcat, deer, and turkey then back to camp to have dinner and cocktails untill the wife showed. Next morning we set out and came across seven pigs with one calico in the mix. They were fast and made a run straight up the North side face into the thick country side. Jennifer AKA Mrs. S got a shot off and managed to turn the pig but nobody landed any lead. As we proceeded into the next canyon my sister spots a lone boar moving along the hillside in some thick brush. I was down by a creek looking at some fresh wallows and track and when I moved back towards the wife saw she was pointing at something. We got the cross haris on it and I told the wife to hold on the shot being it was around 100lbs and I thought there was a bigger one in there. NOPE
nothing else comes out and the wife let me have and ear full for telling her to hold.
I appolagized and told her next time if she felt comfortable with the shot just take it and dont mind me.
Later that evening at last light we jumped another solo and it illuded use before managing to take a shot. Now we really regreted not taking that other pig after that. So anyways we get back to camp to find Jaehunt and his girlfriend Stephanie along with his father and mother waiting for us to get back to camp. Another few cocktails and some good conversation around the campfire and off to bed we went. Nice meeting your family Jaehunt and thanks for the info on the processor you use.
Sunday morning sneaks up on us and we head out to find one solo boar way up on the hill. Made a stock on this one and BOOM.
Down he rolled with a shot under the ear. Not more than minutes later I saw a deer running on the same hillside with a yote chasing it. Jenn asks if he is going to catch it and I respond with I don't think so but five minutes later here they come again going in the opposite direction with the yote behind her still. We didn't have a loaded rifle next to us being we were dragging piggy or I would have helped the situation. We yelled untill he paused and looked at us but then resumed chase. Don't know if he went hungry or not.
Anyways here is some pics guys.

larrysogla

Reaction score
Superduty,
Very nice piggie there, nice slashers on that mouth too!! Congrats!!! Thanks for the story & the pics.
God Bless. larrysogla.

jaehunt

Reaction score
Dave and Jennifer,

That is a darn nice hog. Glad to see you were able to pick up that last one. It was great meeting you guys at the ranch, you're the firt JHO folks we have had the chance to meet.

I hope the info on the processor works out. We look forward to seeing you guys again sometime. (It looks like we are going to clear our calendar and head on up again next weekend for the official last weekend on the season.)

Take care and again congratulations on the hog, sure looks like a nice one.

Jason

Bwana Turtle

Reaction score
Congratulations. Nice Pig and pictures. Is that your wife or your sister ? Sons or nephews ? I love the picture of the slingshot desparados.

superduty

Reaction score
Bwana, the pic with all of us next to the hanging pig is my wife and two boys Lane and Ryan. The younger boys in the sling shot pic is my son closest and my nephew further in that pic. The older boys had the BB gun working overtime and the younger ones had the sling shots a stretching overtime. They also found good use of the snow disc going down the hillsides in camp. Over all we had a great time. Thanks for all the good words gents.

Savage300

Reaction score
Superduty,

Great way to end the season!! That's a nice size hog.

My wife and I enjoyed relaxing by your campfire
and meeting your family.

Tom

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
Superduty.....Seems like you guys had a ball. Great job by you and the Mrs. Superduty...Very nice hog, where you gonna take him to get cut up?

superduty

Reaction score
Savage, it was a pleasure sharing the fire with you and your family. We were looking forward to meeting you guys. We will have to do it again.
Hoghunter, ya I just got off the phone with the people that Jaehunt recommended being my guy is alittle busy with his wife and their first child they just had recently. Sounds like this new place is going to take care of me and the pig, it's just too bad there not around the corner from me. Beggers can't be choosers.
I saw you responded to my text with a Who's This??? text. What's up with that? One too many cocktails while watching the soon to be wifes pets?? We enjoyed your vote of confidence on Friday and lookforward to hearing from you anytime.

Mel Carter

Reaction score
Way to go
Looks like you guys had a great time. I think it's great your wife and kids go with you, and she's actually skinning the hog, can't beat that. Congrats!!

NatureDriven

Reaction score
Dave,

CONGRATULATIONS on an awesome pig! I know you and the wife worked very hard for that guy. It's too bad I was not able to meet you and the rest of your family. I was down in Punta Bonda, Mexico trying my hand at fishing from a kayak in the ocean for the first time. What an Incredable experience that was to say the least. I was very happy to hear from my brother, Jaehunt, that the two of you were successful! I was trying to send ya'll positive hunting vibes and thoughts while fighting the currents, sea lions, dolphins, halibut, sea bass, and croaker down south. I'm really glad to hear it all payed off. Tell your wife congratulations for me and I am looking forward to having the oppertunity to meet you in the future.

Scott

satchmo

Reaction score
Way to go !!!
That's a big pig!
You guys make a great looking family.
Mrs. S, next time you tell HIM to wait!!
Anyway, congratulations on what must have been a great time for the whole family.
By the way, I have that very same remington rifle in .243, aren't they great!!? TTFN, Cathy

Top Bottom