• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Surf Perch recpe's

Sometime in the next few months, I am taking my grandson surf fishing somehere between Guadalupe' Beach and Morro Bay. If we get lucky, we may keep a few Surf Perch. Does anyone have a recipe or two they would be willing to share? Thanks, Jeff.

Plain ol' Steve

I am familiar with barred surf perch and they are delicious. There is nothing special that you need to do with them. I would suggest treating them like any other perch. Gut, scale, and fry in a pan with butter. Bread them if you wish. The meat is a little sweet if I remember clearly.

Good luck.

scottmarine

We have always filet then and made fried fish tacos with tempura and Penko turns out good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnCo

The ones I've had the meat is soft, but it tastes good. Dip them in eggs and then crushed cracker crumbs and fry them. Simple and tastes good.

Top Bottom