Switch covers

coyotehunters

Reaction score
I have called 5 different radio shacks today and none of them had the mini toggle switch covers. The last one said they have been discontinued. What is everyone else using.

davered1

Reaction score
Mbullism,

I have been trying to get them from RS for the last month. In Canada they say they are discontinued,by the sounds of coyotehunters they have been discontinued in US now as well.I found some that work well for 30 cents each.

check out 1/4" switch thread

MBullism

Reaction score
davered1

I saw the other thread already, thanks!  I had tried one RS that had none previous to finding them, but when I did find them I bought all I thought I'd need (for the short term anyway LOL).

A new source for these is great, and I've always wished I could by just the black ones anyway...

M

vman

Reaction score
Just found out that Radio Shack has discontinued the sub-mini toggle switch covers.  Where else can I get some?

woodsman

Reaction score
I had that problem ,I had to go to another RS to get them (last one on the shelf) .If you want some they will order them from another store, you'll have to pay for them up front .:toothless:

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
search for "Newark"  4? cents each

Davred1 found a source for the toggle covers.  45 cents each  (mro-41-900) is the 6mm  to fit most of the switches we are getting .  1-800-882-9301.  

(Edited by ArkansasElkHunter at 10:45 pm on April 30, 2002)

swampfox

Reaction score
hey AEH, i ran that part # through newark and got (0) results. can you help me out ...thanks  (swampfox)

passgas55

Reaction score
I am glad to see that some people are willing to buy bulk and past the savings to other home cam builders and just look at the wealth of info here on this site. This is one of the best sites on the internet. No I am not running for public office.

David

Dbworld

Reaction score
I went to a RS I'd never been to before and they actually had three packs of them.  Guess who owns them now??? I wiped out the other six within reach.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Anyone have a pic or good description of the covers??
Thanks,
Archilochus

whitetailfan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 30 (two-packs) on order from Radio Shack. I will never use all of these but when I found them, I thought of you guys. I can get 20 more if needed. I will have these this Wednesday. If anybody would like to get some please let me know. All I ask for is that you pay my cost ($1.10 ea.) plus shipping (probably USPS or whatever you prefer) to you. Please, take only what you need so that there's plenty to go around.

davered1

Reaction score
Guy's

Here is a picture of the switch covers. Are they as good as RS covers? Not quite, they do not have the hard base or the o-ring on bottom of cover.

They work well I have been using them for about 3 months now.RS covers cost 4$ for 2(1 red, 1 black) these cost me .45 cents each.They are soft rubber and have a nut inside each one.RS in Canada quit stocking them about 3 months ago

whitetailfan,

If you can get 20 more you should you wion't have any problems getting rid of them(just be sure they are the right ones before you order more). 1.10 is pretty cheap :smiley-thumbs-up:

upnorthunter

Inactive
Reaction score

Just wondering where your cabin is located.  I was up north this past weekend too.  Got to see a bear even.  We are located in Ashland county

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi davered,
Any idea what the thread size is?? (what RS switch # do they fit on??).

Thanks for the pic,
Arch

bat

Reaction score
I sent an e-mail to RadioShack asking about the covers, this is their reply.
 All RadioShack products are in the catalog for a limited time, whether they
are replaced by a newer product or are no longer carried due to other
factors.  We do not have specific information on why any particular product
is discontinued.
 At this time, we do not know of any replacement for this item.  If we can be
of further assistance, please contact us again.  www.radioshack.com
Have a great day!
Denice
RadioShack Product Support Services
DW
 Sounds like they will not carry these or like items anymore!  bat

davered1

Reaction score
Here in Canada they are selling out all components in stock and not replacing any .They are getting out of selling all small components.

The yclaim they go through tons of them but don't SELL that many!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom