T.C. encore muzzleloader

Quilly

i heard on a thread somewhere that the T.C. encore muzzleloader is illegal in our lovely state
. does anyone know if it is or not? i can't find any threads about it. i know this state changes stuff every year or so.

DLuke

Anything that breaks open is illegal. The TC Encore breaks open to load the primer...its a no-go, but that'll probably go away after a few years.

MBullism

Does it still "load" from the muzzle? I haven't seen one yet, but how is the action backing away from the nipple different from the new inline bolt that pulls away from the primer? Is the breech on this thing sealed?

Quilly

i have a c.v.a fire bolt and they changed the law. i thought that you can use these muzzleloaders now. i wonder if the omega is illegal to use as well?

MBullism

That's why I'm asking about the breech. The abstracts say "Inline ignition systems permitted providing rifle loads from the muzzle, and has a non opening breech." My understanding of the Omega was that it loads from the muzzle and has a screw in breech plug with a nipple on it, just like most inlines. I took the state blackpowder course recently and they said screw in breech plugs are fine. Most inlines have them for ease of cleaning. My understanding of the non opening breech part has to do with the ability to load the gun from the rear like most modern firearms that utilize cartridges. The guys that put on the course talked about the omega since it was a new "action" (matchlock,flintlock,caplock, inline, rolling block-a.k.a. Omega) They never said it was a no no, that I can recall. I only took the course this past spring... I'll go dig out the material and my notes and see if I wrote anything down...

MBullism

Well, no matter. I just popped over to the DFW site and snuck a peek at the abstracts for 2003. In plain english it says "hinge action muzzleloaders are not legal". Guess that about covers it, lest I've missed sumpin'...

Quilly

MBullism...

thank you for the info and your time in doing that for me! i appreciate it very much. i though that the encore was loaded from the muzzle and is like a single shot shotgun. " hinged " but that is alright i don't like the feel of the encore anyway!
thank's again!

Top Bottom