Take a shot at PETA

Kickaha

Reaction score
Nearing 21,000 signatures.  I just added mine.  Thanks for the link, Hogskin.

Hook

Reaction score
22861 and counting...lets get everyone to sign.

Aren't they listed as a terror organization according to the FBI ???

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
24116 and growing.

Does anyone know how to find out if The United Way or the Ahmanson Foundation give $ to these terrorists?

I have an automatic payroll deduction going to both of these organizations and if either of them give to P E T A, I'll ask for a refund.

Thanks.
sp

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Well it took a couple minutes to find my answer:

2) The United Way uses donations to fund many well-deserved causes, yet also, at least in the Combined Federal Campaign it manages for federal employees, contributes to the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, an organization dedicated to eliminating animal research. This organization has been suspected of association with more militant groups advocating violent anti-research activities as well as the recruitment of computer hackers to penetrate research systems and destroy data. In this light, do the Trustees of the University feel that the United Way is adhering to the mission of the University?

(Information source: National Animal Interest Alliance News, January '97)

I would contend that the relationship of the University of Pennsylvania and the United Way needs re-examination to ensure that the activities of this charitable organization are both free from internal corruption and complement the mission of this institution. I am sure that most employees involved in research would find the charitable contributions of the United Way to PETA to be contradictory to their work effort.

I look forward to your response to these concerns,

--G.Brown, Manager, Institute for Human Gene Treatment Transgenic Core

I'm VERY ticked!!!

sp

shaginator

Reaction score

Something poetic about trying to pit the two most dreaded organizations in the nation against each other.

(Edited by shaginator at 10:10 am on April 11, 2002)

Top Bottom