Talk about luck

Strutter

Reaction score
Had a nice cam built for a friend and put finishing touches of camo paint on the box.  Placed it on 4 wheeler rack to dry and went to work.  Kids decide to play on 4 wheeler and to prevent breaking the cam they put it on trunk of the wifes car.  The first night of who knows how many that I don't go through garage and then wife leaves for church.  Cam took a ride and is never seen again.  Is this luck or what?

Back to the workbench,
Strutter

gizz

Reaction score
I'd try backtracking here route. You might find it?

I did this once with my wallet. I set it on the roof of my wife's jeep and we took it on a 80 mile ride home from a vacation. Can you believe it was still there, caught(wedged) in the roof rack but the plastic(license, cards, etc) were all gone. Money was stilll in the billfold though.

Strutter

Reaction score
Well what do you know.  Been 5 days since the cam took a ride and wife went to store today and found cam in ditch about 1/2 mile from the house just as you turn on the main road.  Luck may be changing.

Strutter

gizz

Reaction score
Cool Beans!
What kinda condition was it in?
The Cam Gods must be looking down on you.

South

Reaction score
Would be some cool pics if you would have had it turned on...

jayber

Reaction score
Wow, glad to hear you found it!  Hopefully it didn't suffer too much damage......your wife I mean!!  LOL

Tinhorn

Reaction score
One time my Cousin Lost his Wallet while Deer Hunting, we back tracked, etc but no luck.....

I forgot if it was the next year or 2 years later but we were walking a creek bank, after one of the floods, heading toward the Missiouri River when my cousin said, "Looky There, some sucker lost his wallet"

Some Sucker Did alright, it was <HIS !>  can you believe it!  Everything was there but ruined and stuck together, it had several hundred dollars in it, he took the stuck together money to the bank who somehow separated it and refunded the money (~$240)......

He's lucky at Poker too   ;)

Tinhorn

gizz

Reaction score
I must say that the "Wallet" gods must've been lookin down on him!

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 5 Days,man you are lucky,but people will see things and assume they are junk and drive on by,great to hear you got it back!!

hamiltoe

Reaction score
Just a few weeks ago, I was in a hurry to load my gear from huntiing camp to return home.  I realized that after about 20 miles of driving, I left my pistol sitting on top of my cooler, which was on my trailer.  I figured that it had to have fallen off while I was driving from camp the the properties gate (this is a real rough road).  So I turned around and drove another 20 miles back to the property gate to look for it.  Needless to say, when I got out to unlock the gate, I saw the pistol still sitting on the cooler!!  It made a 40 mile round trip and never budged!

coyote

Reaction score
good job...that's great!!!
I can't even find my arrows and I know where they landed!...yoteee'

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Good to hear Strutter you got your cam back. How many G forces you think it's rated at now?

I've had a few "drive off with gear on the roof" experiences. I try not to put things on a vehicle now, I just don't like people pointing at my coffee mug on the roof and laughing :laffin-yellow: , it's embarassing. :bag-on-head:

Top Bottom