Tax question

D3Lifer

Reaction score
Just throwing this out to any of you guys that might know the answer. I've been very busy preparing to move to Illinois for the past month or so, and blew off filing my taxes in time. I've never slacked on them before. If I file in the next few days, should I expect any harassment for being late? I feel like a real jackass for shining it, but I've had to spend all of my spare time in the past month dealing with a cross country move(and I'm anything but a multi tasker at heart). For some reason, the federal filing doesn't concern me so much. It's the state of California that worries me. Any input would be great, thanks, Frank.

jackrabbit

Reaction score
Just be sure to take care of your CA filing very soon. A couple years I missed the deadline, but I was not worried about it because I was owed a large refund and there was an automatic extension until the Fall if you owed no taxes. But each time, I procrastinated and missed the extended deadline. Then I was hit with severe penalties because they assessed tha penalties on my total tax bill, without giving me credit for the thousands of dollars they already had from my withholding -- for both me and my wife. They said they do not credit the withheld money until I actually file. CA FTB is one outfit you do not want to garnish your wages, trust me, they screw it up for at least a year after you've already paid them!!!! They generally did not even notice me about unfiled taxes until October/November or later -- so it came as a shocking rememinder with the penalties, even when I should have gotten a refund. If you take care of it within a few days or couple weeks, then no worries.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Sorry bro, kinda hard not to get a laugh at your expense. So the fact that the tax filing deadline fell on April 15 this year kinda caught you off guard and snuck up on ya huh?

D3Lifer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SDHNTR @ Apr 17 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry bro, kinda hard not to get a laugh at your expense. So the fact that the tax filing deadline fell on April 15 this year kinda caught you off guard and snuck up on ya huh?[/b]
SD, just figured that I'd help the economy by employing a tax guy during their slow season.

Rodney Hood

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D3Lifer @ Apr 17 2008, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SDHNTR @ Apr 17 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry bro, kinda hard not to get a laugh at your expense. So the fact that the tax filing deadline fell on April 15 this year kinda caught you off guard and snuck up on ya huh?[/b]
SD, just figured that I'd help the economy by employing a tax guy during their slow season.

[/b][/quote]

Latest Posts

Top Bottom