Teddy Bear on a stick

EVAN III

Reaction score
  I've heard several times that if you use a "decoy" while calling it will improve your dead yote count. How much does this really help? Also I've heard just about anything will work as long as its moving.  

songdog

Reaction score
I think that Jesse hunts with a Snoopy doll, he might be able to provide a different perspective.

I've tried it a few times but haven't had any dramatic results with it.  Normally, if the critter in question is close enough to see the stuffed animal, decoy or whatnot... he's already in range and dead.  

I think that coyotes in particular, rely a lot more on their ears and nose than their eyes when they're out there past 100 yards.  Bobcats on the other hand do just the opposite but once again, if they're close enough to see it... they should be dead.

I have heard some great stories about snoopy decoys getting torn to pieces by coyotes.  Could be funny to watch their reaction.

Kentuck

Reaction score
Saw a hunting show on TNN recently where they guys hunting actually use dogs to decoy the yotes in. I think it was in Montana. The Coyote was so busy with the dogs they didn't even pay attention to the hunters.

DanV

Reaction score
I've got a couple of little dogs (pugs) I'd like to use as bait but  would be in real hot water with the family. I live on the edge of town and a few times have heard comotion at the fence, ignoring the noise assuming it was just dogs fighting through the fence. In the morning found coyote scat along the outside of the fence. Think them little dogs would make killer coyote bait, although my black pug thinks he's a bad dude and would probably take on a coyote. He think's he a hunting dog of sorts, if I could fit em with some goggles of some kind(so one of his big Ol eyes don't  get poked out) he might get a chance.

Whoadog

Reaction score
Dan,
 We could tell the family it was coyotes.

Brian

Top Bottom