Tejon group hunts?

rusman66

Reaction score
Anyone planning or interested in a Tejon group hunt? A group of 8 is $750 per person. Expensive but a fun hunt.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Does that include the lodging Russ? Which side? Can we shoot ground squirrels if we tag out? Thanks

rusman66

Reaction score
Does that include the lodging Russ? Which side? Can we shoot ground squirrels if we tag out? Thanks
I’m not sure Jeff, it’s been a while since I’ve been to Tejon. I know the 8 person group hunt used to include lodging. I don’t think they let you shoot any other critters.

rusman66

Reaction score
I’m not sure Jeff, it’s been a while since I’ve been to Tejon. I know the 8 person group hunt used to include lodging. I don’t think they let you shoot any other critters.
I was just seeing if anyone has tried to organize a group hunt lately. Or if there was any interest. I can get more details if people are interested.

CottonwoodHunting

Reaction score
I have heard great things about Tejon and I believe it is a lot of acreage. I do a smaller semi-guided group hunt (4 hunters) on much less acreage (about 2,500 acres) in Madera, CA for $550/person with lodging included. I think Tejon offers gutting and skinning and like I said I have heard great things about Tejon! I just thought I would mention my hunts because in case you have trouble getting a group that big together then hunting at my ranch might be an option.

nickman123

Reaction score
Haven't been to Tejon since 2014 and have not heard much posted here about it in last few years. Assume the giant housing development that was planned still hasn't happened? Few years ago, many people were saying hog numbers were way down due to the large number of guided hunts they were running. Any recent reports?
If hog numbers are decent, I might be interested in going with my sons. $750 is a fair deal, especially if it includes housing.

rusman66

Reaction score
Haven't been to Tejon since 2014 and have not heard much posted here about it in last few years. Assume the giant housing development that was planned still hasn't happened? Few years ago, many people were saying hog numbers were way down due to the large number of guided hunts they were running. Any recent reports?
If hog numbers are decent, I might be interested in going with my sons. $750 is a fair deal, especially if it includes housing.
no nickman123, im like you haven't been in a while. I was just thinking how much fun I had hunting that place. The numbers could be down? but I cant imagine them controlling the pig population just with hunting. I will make a phone call next week and get some info.

MattD310

Reaction score
I just completed the semi guided wild pig management hunt with a group of 5 in November. We hunted the North side starting at 1PM on a Friday through 11am Sunday, lodging and meals included. We saw plenty of pigs but I wouldn't say that it was an easy hunt. Success rate was 60%, which I hear is about normal there, but everyone had a decent shot opportunity. We could have tagged out as a group if not for a couple missed shots, one that was at about 240yd, one that was under 50yd but standing on a hillside.

The guides know the areas to find the pigs so they give you good tips on where to glass and when, but we had to work pretty hard, which is what most of us wanted. They have an archery only area too. Honestly, the success rate for archery must be higher because every hog we spooked ran toward the archery area for safety. I just imagined that it was full of pigs haha.

If you kill a hog, the guide will meet you and help dress and skin, or walk you through it, or let you do it, hunters choice. The lodge and food were both very good compared to my prior experience. It's a trip I'll gladly do again with the right group.

Hope this info is helpful.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
thanks matt. Tejon has always been hard work and thats why most folks want.

How were the roads by the way?

MattD310

Reaction score
Mostly in great condition. Only a couple were a bit tight for my F150, you definitely want 4WD. We went after a pretty good rain so some roads were muddy but none were impassible.

hifi55

Reaction score
Hey guys... been a while. Would love to join in a Tejon group hunt when things open up again.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Can we shoot squeaks if we tag out Jcleaver? Whats youre earlierst openin? thanks

Count me in Russ.

Jcleaver56

Reaction score
Give the office a call, we are booking out July and maybe some August hunts but we stop all hog hunting until late fall early winter for elk/deer season. Yes you can shoot squirrels as long as you have lead free ammo. Let me know if you end up booking

Hookup

Reaction score
Give the office a call, we are booking out July and maybe some August hunts but we stop all hog hunting until late fall early winter for elk/deer season. Yes you can shoot squirrels as long as you have lead free ammo. Let me know if you end up booking
Does this include people with fall memberships? Can they not hunt with their pig options during your deer and elk seasons?

Jcleaver56

Reaction score
The members are still allowed to hunt even during our elk/deer season

k-thug

Reaction score
Has Tejon started the semi-guided hunts again? I used to to it every year until they put an end to it. That hunt was well worth the money

k-thug

Reaction score
I’m not really sure how to get added to a list, but I’m a taxidermist in Tehachapi that is dying to hunt some hogs. 402FEC82-65A0-4E5F-88D9-5D3681D2E722.jpeg

Top Bottom