telephone jack/plugs

MBullism

Reaction score
Has anyone tried (successfully) to use those little, clear plastic clip plugs and matching jacks to make removing your camera easier?  You know, the ones on every phone these days?  I know the standard issue is RS jacks and plugs...  My brother in law is having trouble wiring his first.  He's trying to use these as a quick disconnect, cause he had them lying around, and I'm suspect of the connection.  Didn't have my meter with me so can't be sure...  Anyone out there manage to make these work?

mkacala697

Reaction score
i use them and they work fine just make sure there in their solid and the right size

yes, if they jiggle around in there they wont always work

Gator

Reaction score
I also use them, I have never had a problem. I work for the phone company and if you match the correct plug to the jack, you will have a solid conn. On a phone line if you don't have a good conn you will get static. The conn won't be a problem.

MBullism

Reaction score
Thanks for the input...

Guess I'll have to put the meter to them to be sure.  They seemed a little loose.  Mismatched maybe?

Gator

Reaction score
Yes, if they are loose then they are not matched properly. There are different sizes, the cord for the hand set and the line cord have different size plugs on most phones. If they are mismatched testing them with a meter may not help, because you may get a good conn one time and a bad conn next time it is plugged in.

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
I like to use these plugs whenever I can.  They give you a very good connection most of the time.  If you study the design you'll see that every time you plug and unplug one the small tempered brass contacts inside whipe any oxidation off every time.  I like them better than the typical stereo jacks.  But none of them are moisture proof.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom