Terrible customer service.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
You take your truck to a dealer for routine service. They do the routine stuff but point out that the computer printout indicates there might be a problem that hasn't shown up yet. They recommend further diagnostic tests. You drive your truck home and read about potential problems. OK so the next time you have your truck in the shop you tell them to go ahead and see how bad the problem is. After the dealer does some research your truck barely runs. When they had it on the rack they couldn't find anything wrong so testing didn't indicate there was a problem in the first place. Now it was fine before the diagnostic work was done. You call and complain so you take it back to the dealer. They work on it again and charge you because it wasn't their fault. This goes on for a period of time so you change mechanics. You want your truck fixed. The next guy says no problem I can fix it. After a few attempts he just shakes his head. You contact the state agency in charge of controlling issues with the mechanics and they listen but tell you that there is no proof anyone is at fault. You continue to try to find anyone who can at least get your vehicle functioning semi normally. The truck runs but it won't go uphill worth a darn. It misses badly at times and other times runs normally. No telling which day it will run and which days it won't. Now you pay every time someone looks at your truck.
You would not accept this from your electrician or you plumber or any other service provider. When it is your dealer you are told there is nothing you can do.

You would all say something has to be done to resolve the issue and I wish there was. After a few years of dealing with the problems you just learn to accept that on some days your truck simply isn't going to be dependable. I am not hunting right now because my truck decided it didn't want to. I am hoping it will run better next week. I am sure some of you are thinking there is nothing wrong with my truck and something in this story just doesn't sound right. You are correct my truck is fine for it's age. This is a story about going to see a doctor for routine procedures that went really really wrong. The difference is you still have to pay the doctor bills no matter what and you cannot get replacement body parts for the parts that no longer want to function. You are told that in some cases others have passed away from a diagnostic procedure so you should feel lucky that you are even still alive. Now you think you are the only one. Wrong a fishing buddy is 2 years into the same issues and he is going under the knife again next week at a major university and he is scared to death he will be worse after surgery than he is now. I hope it goes well for him and IF it does he thinks I should think about having something done to improve my condition.

Am I unhappy right now, you bet I am.

What I am dealing with right now is not the exact problem but rather another condition that they would like to operate on to "improve" my life. The infection from the first procedure will never go away so I am in no hurry to let them experiment again. On my good days I am sorta normal but on my bad days not so much. No one is going to cut on me again until I cannot function at all. I get pain killer prescriptions and as many antibiotics as I want. I refuse to take the pain killers but I carry them in case I cannot walk back to my truck. I also always have the antibiotics for flare-ups. I rarely take them now because of some side effects.

Last edited:

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like a complaint to BAR is in order, proof is you took your truck in running great and it came out not running great, you took it back because it was not running great. you have a paper trail, http://www.bar.ca.gov/ Ca Bureau of automotive repair they will ppull all the paper from the Dealer, fine them and make them fix it or pay to have it fixed.

BAR don't pay games

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Damn John, sorry to hear. Your health issues have anything to do with the time of your post?

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Damn John, sorry to hear. Your health issues have anything to do with the time of your post?
Yes and no. This has been going on for a few years. Good days and bad days and right now not good. You have seen me in the field so you know I actually hunt when I can. You also saw the new white quad and now you know a little bit more about why I use it when I can. The doctor last week tried to convince me to not ride the quad anymore. I told him I replaced the Honda with a Polaris and told him it is way easier on me.

The thing I am not sure about is how is the university doctor going to clear up an infection on my fishing buddy with surgery.? Something new I am told. We shall see how he feels in a few months.

Bankrunner

Reaction score
Sounds bad. I hope you get better soon or at least get back into management mode.
I don't trust the docs either so i understand not wanting to go under the knife. For that matter i really don't trust anybody until i get to know them. It's kinda like electricians, I don't know crap about how to wire up circuits and i wouldn't just hire one until i do research and check references. Even after that i wouldn't trust em until the job is done and i see the bill.
I don't know what kind of insurance you have but hopefully you can find a doc that does good work.
Again, sorry to hear your not hunting and hope you get up and running soon.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with my truck and if there was I would just replace it. The truck story is just a story to put this in perspective. I was fine now I am not. There was never anything wrong with me. But they had to go looking because things didn't look right. Robot so I wouldn't even know there was an incision. Zero risk. If it was a truck I could get some one to admit to a problem and it could be resolved but when you are dealing with health issues everyone just shrugs and says they are sorry now pay your doctor bill on the way out.

It was my poor attempt to make you think about service providers. I am an electrician. If only part of the lights I installed work you would not pay. If your plumbing leaked you wouldn't pay the plumber. If your doctor makes a mistake you try a new doctor all at your expense. Just doesn't seem right. Yes they have liability insurance but that only applies to gross negligence and other doctors have to make that decision. A new treatment gone wrong is not gross negligence. I think they have given up on the robot thing for some procedures. Now my friend didn't have a robotic procedure but he had exactly the same type of infection. They say only 5% of patients have complications. I say bull because I don't know 100 guys who have had similar procedures but I know 3 with infections. The third doctor I tried is the first doctor to tell me it most likely was not curable. I have developed allergies to 3 different antibiotics but not Levaquin and that family of drugs. Read up on the long term side effects of Levaquin.

Last edited:

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend who is going in for surgery (third one) next week and he commented that there are forums for fishing and hunting but not for medical procedures. On a thread recently someone said getting advice on a medical issue on a public forum as not a good idea. I wish I had. Not technical info but maybe how things turned out after a procedure. Things like "Was it worth it and would you do it again?" The most common comment I got from others AFTER the fact was "Well of course you could have complications a lot of people do. What did you expect?"

I was once told I might need back surgery. I asked around and it seemed like a crap shoot so I didn't. I worked around those issues.

WrstQuailHntr

Reaction score
So you are basically saying you're truck sometimes works and sometimes you do to??

Not sure about the truck and the fix nor you for that matter but obviously there are issues here on both sides and not sure what JHO can do to fix either one ......Frankly I am confused after reading all that..

Good luck
Not too surprised that you are confused. To put it plainly for you...this fine member of our community is reaching out to like-minded folks for our thoughts, experiences or input on some of his health struggles that he is going through. Heck, maybe he is venting and this is a great place to do that since some people here form bonds. It is really not too hard of a concept for most to grasp.

Brnsvllyjohn, I hope you are able to get out in the field soon so you can post up some success pics and share your hunting stories!

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Hey I put my shoes on today without pain and that is a huge improvement from 3 days ago. My wife told me to skip archery season this year. My son asked me if it just meant I would wait till Monday or Tuesday to go. LOL Who knows me better. He is a diehard hunter. She hunts to be with the family and she loves hiking so she figures she might as well get meat too if she can. My son or I clean it of course. She does have an X-2 tag this year. Good thing her son also has an X-2. He can gut and pack this year. If he helps her she might let him stay in her travel trailer with us. She isn't bad with a knife and she can shoot.

Yes I am venting but I am tired of watching Randy shoot things with his Howa.

WrstQuailHntr

Reaction score
Vent away! I love your active participation and really helping to pick things up around here. I am not a very active poster but really enjoy reading others.

snoopdogg

Reaction score
And Randy uses a 7-08! Ewwww....

Last edited:

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
10-4 so does my wife. They can't both be wrong. My son just purchased a Tikka 3 youth model for the boys in 7 08. Randy just about has me convinced to try a Howa in 7 08. Need to cut down on the recoil of the 7 mag. No I am not installing a brake. I hate brakes. I just don't like the feel of the Tikka and now there are 4 of them in the group.

quaildeath

Reaction score
I hear you John.
I always thought a good money making website would be a Doctor review site. Probably thought of already and sued by some offended med board out of existence for a person speaking the truth.

quaildeath

Reaction score
Seniors have it the worst. When the doc messes up you get the .....you know you are tetting older right and were warned of limited success.

Top Bottom