testing date function

bigmandude

Reaction score
i replaced the lithium cell in my Owl AF the other day and noticed that if you open the camera door and short out the 2 metal contacts you can see a light come on through a small opening in the door where the date would be projected to the negative.  

i then looked at my other AF that the date had also been giving me trouble on and the light would not come on, even though the display on the back still showed the date.  i guess the light requires more power than the display,  untill now i have been reluctant to replace these batteries because the display still worked, guess i was wrong, huh???

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I was under the same impession as you "Big" guy, didnt realize there was a light that had to come on.  Guess I'll be replacing some batt's now..

Thanx

Tinhorn

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Very good,never thought of doing that,now i know how to check them.But right now mine are out with film in them.

deadcell

Reaction score
Man thanks alot. That explains why my display always looks right in showing the date but i can't get it to put it on any of my pictures, must not have enough juice to make that light your talking about. I'm gonna change my battery for sure now. Thanks DC

bigmandude

Reaction score
the camera with the new batteries is in the field now (scouting for youth hunt day next weekend)  i should have pics back by monday.. . will update on the date stamp function then.

bigmandude

Reaction score
it WORKED!!!

i got pictures back on saturday and it all works fine now,,, so  everybody having trouble w/date stamp do the little test.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Mine was not giving the stamp,so i checked it the way you said and no light,ill pick up a battery next chance i get!!!

davered1

Reaction score
had no stamp either,tried your test and no light.Replaced battery now I have a light ,put cam out yesterday.Hope it Works

gizz

Reaction score
Somehow I missed this. Nice discovery dude'!

(Edited by gizz at 6:52 pm on Nov. 14, 2001)

Possum

Reaction score
Where is this light exactly?  I don't see one on my camera and I have no date/time stamp on my pictures.  Tested the lithium battery and get 3 v but I am positive it's got to be the battery.  Should it be where the little tiny lcd screen is inside the back of the camera?

Never mind, The little light came on.  So that's not the problem.  Didn't get the date on the pic when I picked them up today.  Guess the rechargables did something to the cam?  Seems like it wouldn't being less voltage than the alkalines.  But, who knows?

(Edited by Possum at 6:01 pm on Nov. 27, 2001)

bigmandude

Reaction score
Possum,

with the film door open, in the center of the door is a spring loaded pad about 1.5" square that holds the film flat.  on that square pad is an opening in the upper right hand corner.  it is inside this hole that you should see the light.  to get the light to come on, short out the 2 metal tabs just above this opening and to the right, if no light appears in the hole then, replace the batteries.

hope this helps

Top Bottom