Testing the RS sensor

madmike

Reaction score
Anybody no if there is a test to run on the RS sensor to see if it's fried?  A bad storm took out the tree my cam was on and all I get is the test sensor lite but when it goes out nothing else happens.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
madmike, did you wire yours so when the sensor trips it makes either the camera or led go by changing the switch? If so check if the volts to the relay are there and if so the relay may have gotten fried. Also maybey the switch. Let us know, someone will help. MC.

sven

Reaction score
Are you saying that the sensor still operates the walk test led, but it doesn't fire the cam?  Or does the light come on during the warmup at startup, then not come on again?

Have you tried manually firing your camera?  If the camera still fires when you push the button, then try shorting the leads to the camera to make sure your solder points are still intact in the cam.  If the cam still works and the test led is still working then it is probably the relay that's giving you problems.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi MM,
Did the housing get damaged??  have the PC boards been exposed to water??

Archilochus

madmike

Reaction score
I appreciate all the help  but my dog is really sick and I'm not going to look at it until I get him more comfortable.  I will try to check the things mentioned  and reply back in a few days. Thanks

madmike

Reaction score
Got to check out the camera today and it works fine.  There was signficant water damage to the PC board but it is working O.K.  I thought I had it sealed up pretty good, but I guess not.  Anyway thanks for all the help.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Mike, I had a similar problem with mine and a couple days on top of the furnace helped. It works great now and I only have these people on JHP to blame. This place is all you need for the help. They are great. MC.

Top Bottom