Testing the Sony P50

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got the Sony P50 in last night and played with  it for quite some time.

First problem is that when you power the camera down the flash mode defaults back to no flash and you have to push the flash button again to get the flash to come back on.

Second problem and most important.  I took the camera apart and there is no way to solder to this joker.  Sony uses premade specialty switches that you cannot get to the contacts next to the switch.  The only way to solder to the pushbutton switches is the connector where the flat cable connects the main board and man its small.  I soldered to the Sony Video camera one with great difficulty but this one there is no way.

Last resort.  I am trying to get the USB commands that activate the camera through the USB port.  If I can't then I will send the camera back.

The camera is great but for a deer cam it just isn't working so far.  The Canon Elph is much easier to work with.

Brian

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
Brian, I found a place on the net that compared digital cameras. I thought I would find one that had a good flash range and go from there.
I compared cameras in the $150-$400 range. Sorry to say the greatest flash range was only 14ft. and it was a Canon, but dont remember which model.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
EagleEye,
Most digital cameras do not have a very good flash range.  I usually just incorporate an extended flash unit with each one from the start.

So far I am still disappointed about the Sony.  No reply from the tech guys on using the USB yet.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom