Thanks for the add from the Central Coast!

1Bull4Trump

Reaction score
Been hunting when I can for a few years now. Usually hunt North Carolina where my brother lives. Looking forward to using my newly acquired base access to hunt VAFB and maybe even Pendelton in the near future. Although it looks like I should start w/ killing coyotes at VAFB to help the deer and pig numbers. Anyone want to go with?

556.gunner

Reaction score
Been hunting when I can for a few years now. Usually hunt North Carolina where my brother lives. Looking forward to using my newly acquired base access to hunt VAFB and maybe even Pendelton in the near future. Although it looks like I should start w/ killing coyotes at VAFB to help the deer and pig numbers. Anyone want to go with?
are you able to get people on that base? I used to love in Lompoc, would love to hunt some pig in the area.

1Bull4Trump

Reaction score
I believe I can take one guest, but I'm still figuring that out. Need work to slow down so I can get some free time to get out there and check it out and start scouting.

556.gunner

Reaction score
I believe I can take one guest, but I'm still figuring that out. Need work to slow down so I can get some free time to get out there and check it out and start scouting.
right on, yeah let me know. Do they really have that many pigs out there in that base?

1Bull4Trump

Reaction score
That's what I hear although the drought supposedly put a hurting on them. The last 2 winters were good though so I expect the numbers to be better. I'd like to start by shooting coyotes since they like to eat baby pigs and baby deer..... Just thinking I could help the pig/deer numbers...

556.gunner

Reaction score
That's what I hear although the drought supposedly put a hurting on them. The last 2 winters were good though so I expect the numbers to be better. I'd like to start by shooting coyotes since they like to eat baby pigs and baby deer..... Just thinking I could help the pig/deer numbers...
I can see that, have you looked at possibly hitting the neighboring towns/cities? I have heard SLO had a pretty good pig population. As far as coyotes go. Yeah it could help. I was recently listening to a podcast that’s actually talked about that and they mentioned actually going when they start start having their pups, the big males will be out looking For food and would be the best time time kill two birds with one stone.

Michaelfish

Reaction score
SLO County has a good pig population on private land, I live here and see them pretty reguarly. Public land pigs up here are a waste of time in my experience. Here's a photo of a goodn from a couple weeks ago.20200116_071844.jpg

556.gunner

Reaction score
SLO County has a good pig population on private land, I live here and see them pretty reguarly. Public land pigs up here are a waste of time in my experience. Here's a photo of a goodn from a couple weeks ago.View attachment 76975
Nice pig! Any areas where one might look into for public land hunting outside of SLO?

556.gunner

Reaction score
Willing to share some of the spots i came across in D8 if interested in other hunting zones

Michaelfish

Reaction score
I just got my paperwork in for Hunter Liggett so I was gonna try that out. I've heard of some other spots in northern Monterey County Los Padres as well or perhaps near San Luis Reservoir. I lived up in Mendocino County a few years ago and people used to hunt Lake Sonoma and some other areas around there with some success but that's a pretty good haul for a pig.

It could be worth knocking on some doors in Northern SLO County...

556.gunner

Reaction score
I just got my paperwork in for Hunter Liggett so I was gonna try that out. I've heard of some other spots in northern Monterey County Los Padres as well or perhaps near San Luis Reservoir. I lived up in Mendocino County a few years ago and people used to hunt Lake Sonoma and some other areas around there with some success but that's a pretty good haul for a pig.

It could be worth knocking on some doors in Northern SLO County...
Ive heard good stuff about lake Sonoma, a co worker used to live in that area. I’ll have to ask him More about that area. He lived in Santa Rosa. I’ll have to look up the SLO reservoir on onx and get an idea of the landscape. I have two buddies who are trying to get out and hunt pig too since deer/bear season was unsuccessful this year.

556.gunner

Reaction score
Ive heard good stuff about lake Sonoma, a co worker used to live in that area. I’ll have to ask him More about that area. He lived in Santa Rosa. I’ll have to look up the SLO reservoir on onx and get an idea of the landscape. I have two buddies who are trying to get out and hunt pig too since deer/bear season was unsuccessful this year

Top Bottom