Thanks!!!!!!

grtwythunter

Reaction score
My first cam will be going out tomorrow. I just finished it and tested it in the backyard with my son and dogs.It worked perfect.I just wanted to thank everyone that helped(ESPECIALLY gizz!! w/o him it wouldn't have come together). Anyways it is a MS20 with a PF date in an ammo can. I will have to find a way to post pics as I do not have a scanner.THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!!!       Scott

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi grtwythunter,  I assume that wy stands for Wyoming, and you will be using you new cam in an area with a lot of grass land. The MS20s 110 degree field & 80 foot range will see a lot of heat waves during mid day. In order to avoid a whole roll of false alarms, try to narrow it down a little, and point it North at a shady spot. Good luck.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Richard- The wy is part of wyt(great white hunter) The cam will be in CA. I narrowed the lens by nearly an inch on both sides. I have read about the heat problems. Why did you abandon your thermostat cam. That idea really interested me. I may give it a shot if I get too many false triggers. It will be going in a shady canyon, but our daytime highs have been in the low 100's.       Scott

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi scott - I'm still using the thermostat cam, in fact, it's out in the field right now. That's the ticket out here in the west. The biggest problem is the size of the 7.62mm Ammo Can, because it seems like I can see that thing a 1/2 mile away as I'm walking up to it. I expect to loose it sooner or later. Jon's little mini cams are working out better for me, and I have installed dusk to dawn light sensors in 2 of them. The Radio Shack PIR is a lot weaker, and and has a slow sticky response which eliminates a lot of the false alarms caused by heat waves. I can easily carry 2 of Jon's mini cams in my fanny pack, but of course, a mini cam is not good for everyone.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
grtwythunter >> congratulations and good luck.

Can't wait to see some of your pic's.

Buckoholic

Reaction score
I know how you feel right now. My frist time out was awesome. I felt like a 6 year old on Christmas eve. I still get real excited when I think about the roll in the camera now. But the first roll, thats all I could think about the whole 10 days I left it there. I almost beat-up the guy behind the photo lab counter when he told me that I couldn't pick them up until tomorrow. He got scared and did them in an hour. Haha! Just kidding. He could tell I was anxious to get them back and went ahead and did them for me. Good luck!

Top Bottom