That has to hurt....

LW

Reaction score
This pic was on a roll I picked up last Saturday 02/02/02.
This doe is in pretty good shape despite the injury, the hi-res version looks like she may have caught a load of buckshot in December. She cleaned it up pretty good though, with the extra mild winter we are having in S.E. Arkansas no dought she will make it. The rest of the roll was coons and does in the fog, it's in January_roll_4 on my webshots community page, link at bottom.

T

the hairless one

couldnt get your pic to come up but i sure would like to see it.

rick

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Might have got hit by a car too.  Kind of looks like road burn.

Check out the rabbit!!

MBullism

Reaction score
I tend to agree with ToddP... I can't imagine a load of buckshot removing every single hair like that.  Maybe she's being so cautious with the bunny because she was attacked by one...

Nah, probably not...

Hey Boy

Reaction score
 I think the rabbit did it and they are about to go at it again.  Sick Humor!!

I just returned from the SPCA and had to put my 15 year old Lab/Rot mix dog down.  That dog was unbelievable. He outlived every dog in that litter by 4 years.    BUMMIN'  BUMMIN'
:frown-blue::cry-blue::frown-blue::cry-blue:

LW

Reaction score
Sorry guys I stick to my original story, I have seen them lick the hair and hide off a wound just like a dog, to keep infection down.... ;-)

russ

Reaction score
I dont know what it is but its got to hurt.Aint it amazeing what they can go through and survive.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Ouch!! It could be a yote attack. I've seen a couple of yote videos and pics of yote attacks and that's right where they grabbed onto the deer. If it was a yote attack, that deer is very lucky. From what biologists have told me, once the yote gets a tooth hold on them the usually don't get away.

woodsman

Reaction score
I HAVE HEARD THAT THE JACKALOPE WILL ATTACK ONLY AT KNIGHT IT HAS A HELL OF BITE . I WONDER IF THEY SHED THE RACK LIKE DEER DO. NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN ONE SO YOU CANT SAY THEY DONT EXIST,                    SOMTHING TO THINK ABOUT     I AM JOKEING i DO LIKE THE PIC THANKS

(Edited by woodsman at 11:47 am on Feb. 9, 2002)

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I saw a button buck this year with the same type wound. He walked within 20 ft of me. No sign of a limp either. I figured it was a run in with a vehicle.

But then again it could have been a rabbit. That's why I deer hunt and don't rabbit hunt.

(Edited by Arrowhead at 10:38 am on Feb. 10, 2002)

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Looks bad!!! But I don't know what to think about those
wascally wabbits.

Top Bottom