That monkey's off my back, finally.

myfriendis410

Reaction score
We got this dude last night right at the last minute: my friend Rich (Richracer1) called me to say he was looking at this guy in one of our fields and that if I hurried I might get a shot.

So, I hurried.

I took the bow in and walked the edge of the field. He made it easy as the wind was toward me and he was walking away, so I just walked when he did and stopped when he did. I didn't even range him, just put the 40 yard pin on him and let fly when he turned. Perfect rear quartering shot: that Rage two blade is one muthah! Did not get a pass through--he ate the arrow and trotted off, but did not go more than about 40 yards. I'm guessing about 125 lbs. gutted. Nice, stinky boar! He may be the one I posted on back in the spring "30 yards, but couldn't tell".

I am stoked!

sancho

Reaction score
that is fantastic.

it is more like a gorilla on my back...

559hog

Reaction score
Awesome job! If you had a monkey on your back, I must have a Silverback on me :(.

rsolo

Reaction score
Nice job! Can't wait to get to vandenberg again.

One Track

Reaction score
Awesome! Congrats. Nothing like sliding an arrow into a hog. Fun and tasty!

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
Nice!!

Don from archery sports in Simi said Congrats.:wavin hello:

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
nothing like geeking one with the carbon!! or aluminum for some of us old schoolers...
nice work 410..thats giving me the fever..love the rage 2 blade..it gets er done!!!
congrats pal!!!

myfriendis410

Reaction score
The hog weighed 114 lb. gutted; and of course it was a boar.

The Rage entered about midline quartering forward, barely nicked the stomach without opening it, hit a piece of lung, got the heart and other lung and lodged in the off-side ribs right under the front leg at about the elbow. Big blood clot between the ribs and leg on that side. The entry wound was over three inches--for a two inch cut, that's way impressive. I'm guessing he was on his feet for less than 60 seconds. We gave him about 20 minutes.

559hog

Reaction score
The hog weighed 114 lb. gutted; and of course it was a boar.

The Rage entered about midline quartering forward, barely nicked the stomach without opening it, hit a piece of lung, got the heart and other lung and lodged in the off-side ribs right under the front leg at about the elbow. Big blood clot between the ribs and leg on that side. The entry wound was over three inches--for a two inch cut, that's way impressive. I'm guessing he was on his feet for less than 60 seconds. We gave him about 20 minutes.
Sounds like awesome results! Was that on a 2 blade or a 3 blade? I'm shooting the 2 blades, but I've yet to try it out on a critter hehe.

Rampage1

Reaction score
Great job Allen! I'll be shooting the 2 blade rage this year as well, I haven't heard to many bad things about 'em...

myfriendis410

Reaction score
Great job Allen! I'll be shooting the 2 blade rage this year as well, I haven't heard to many bad things about 'em...
Hey Lupe: Good stuff coming to the base for the hunting program! We had our Town Hall meeting and it's looking really good. I'll post on the thread some of the highlights.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom