The bashing of the new folks and the rude behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Folks, this same pounding of new guys is getting real old and tired. We were all new once and we all asked questions. This forum was originally set up to HELP FOLKS OUT. If you don't want to help the new guys or give up spots then please hold your tongue. If you can't then you need to move on.

The bashing isn't going to be tolerated anymore. It's embarrassing as hell to click onto a thread here only to see a new person getting slammed because they had the audacity to ask a simple question.

jackrabbit

Reaction score
I agree. It's really bad if we treat a new poster badly -- period!! Yeah, sometimes we see that a new person has only a couple posts and maybe seems to us to be coming on a little too presumptuous, or maybe is even doing a little trolling for excitement; but if we come back too hard on the post we risk turning off a good hearted new member. If it is a troller, or buthole, then our hard comeback does not do any good anyway. So, again, I agree, I've seen a bit too much "tough love" the last few weeks on the board here ( need to have the seasons start!) and I think we need to hold our sharp responses and just say welcome, and give whatever help we are willing to give. I sure hope we are not facing a new trend when the general rifle seasons open up -- hate to see the whole season full of negative comments on this board. But that won't happen here right?

brubo

Reaction score
I could not believe the crap that that was dealt to a young person that drew g3 tag. people should not be so envious of others good fortune.

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
I don't see any bashing....

I see some impatient new people trying to get more informaiton than some want to give, when it's apparent they haven't or don't want to do some work themselves! I don't mind helping people, but put a little work in yourself....If I'm looking for something, you can dang well bet I have an idea of what to ask and where to look for it! Must have been raised a little different!

Sorry if I've offended anyones feelings.........Plus it's getting close to the seasons, so I believe we're all a bit edgy!

Barkoff

Reaction score
Do some reserach, then ask specific questions!

but do some work on your own....

People (Me included!) will not just give up spots!!!

How old are you and how long have you hunted?

You know enough to come on here, but not do the research of an area you wish to hunt! Fishy!

I think we were more than helpful and it doesn't seem to be enough for some...

I see some impatient new people trying to get more informaiton than some want to give, when it's apparent they haven't or don't want to do some work themselves!

.If I'm looking for something, you can dang well bet I have an idea of what to ask and where to look for it! Must have been raised a little different!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look friend, you don’t know me and you have no idea how many hours a week I spend learning a new passion, and what difference does my age make? Maybe you ought to think about going easy on all the exclamation points!!!

Read your own statements, what they insinuate is that I am lazy, looking for a short cut, not willing to learn on my own, looking to move in on somebody’s secret spot instead of doing my homework & forming my own game plan. I evidently don’t add up to your standards, and all this was concluded by me asking for an experienced opinion.

Where I lack in experience I make up for in determination…I would venture to say you have no idea how many hours I have spent pouring over topos, Google Earth, & USA Photomaps, not to mention books I have read, hours reading forums and calls I have made to the CDF & U.S Forest Service but yet you have decided I haven’t put in a big enough effort to earn the right to ask questions on this forum?
Should I ask the guy at the U.S Forest Service how far deer will bed from their water source?

All the reading I do will never make up for experience. One can read two or three books, but still need to pose a question to the experienced for clarification.

If somebody asks you a question you don’t feel like answering, don’t answer. I can’t imagine a question that couldn’t be found with some hours of research; however the great thing about the internet is being able to shave hours off your learning by going right to the experienced who don’t mind sharing an opinion.

For the record I see the moderator of this site has formed an opinion and stated it, however I did not complain to him, that is not my style. I’ll either hash it out or take to the road, sniveling is not my M/O.

Life is short friend. Some things just aren’t worth haggling over.

Good luck in the field this year.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not going to dance with you Ike. I've booted a couple guys out of here before for the same thing. Either hold your tongue or move on. It's not going to be tolerated here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom