The BEST metal enclosure!!!

whitetailfan

Reaction score
I need help finding what the SMALLEST, water-tight, metal enclosure that you guys have found. I've found all kinds of small plastic enclosures but I'm not satisfied with the security of plastic. I want something that the cam and PIR can mount in like most people mount the system in a Pelican 1120. I have found several first aid boxes that are 1/2" too narrow. Any suggestions??

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
If you know anyone that fabricates sheet metal, and especially knows how to use a Mig Welder, go talk to um. If they hunt, negotiate a trade out for say, um, about 10. Make sure to supply the hinges and latches though. If you don't know anyone, you may have to use a Pelican or one of ****** boxes. My 2 cents for what its worth.

Butch

davered1

Reaction score
Check out ****** HOMEBREW SAVINGS. He has metal and plastic first aid boxes that work like a charm.

Cheap to!!!!!

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
I've used the metal first aid kits since day one , they work great for my use. But always check them for watertightness. I learned the hard way.

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
The box i used is a timer box for outside lights and comes with a place for a pad lock. I was told that they make these to be mounted outside also. The timer or guts of the box just fall right out so that was no problem. the box is heavy steel too.It's 5"x6"x 2.5" deep.. No problem with the room for everything . Mike P.S. You can see it on my limk below.

woodsman

Reaction score
Thanks Shrewshooter ! That's a good idea ,using timer boxes I mite have one at work .
Nice winter pics from home ! I'v got to move .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom