THE BEST PELICAN CASE

Terrell

Reaction score
DOSE ANYONE WHAT IS THE BEST PELICON CASE TO USE? I WANT ONE THAT IS BIG ENOUGH TO HOLD MY FIELDPIX BOARD(3"X2") AND A CANON PF OWL BUT  SMALL ENOUGH  TO NOT BE NOTICE. I'VED USED 30 MM AMMO CANS IN THE PAST, BUT I THINK THIER TO BULKY. I 'VE SEEN SOME HUNTERS TALK ABOUT THE PELICAN 1120. IS THIS THE BEST ONE?

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 It seems that it is,I have not used one myself but from what i understand you will have to take a little material out of the sides to get your camera to fit inside.I thinkl i seen a post where someone was selling them all ready modified and ready to house your camera.
 Ill look around a bit and see if i can find the post for you,im thinking it was ArkansasElkHunter???

I was wrong it was msfelton and i think he is out of them.Still they sound like a good enclosure.

(Edited by Passthru at 1:45 am on June 12, 2002)

ghoot

Reaction score
Terrell,
I use the 1120 and turn it sideways.  Then you don't have to remove materal for the camera to fit.  This leaves enough room for my 2x3 board to fit verticaly beside the camera.  If you have to have the board horizontal then you can turn the box up and down like most people do and gring a little material from the inside of the box.  The thing that I don't like doing it this way, is that you don't have foam completely around the camera like you will doing it the other way.
GHoot

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
You will have plenty of room in the pelican.  I can get the owl pf, a 3.4" x 2.2" electrical junction box and a 4" x 1.9" gell cell all in the 1120.  You'll have 4.1" x 4.75"(the width of the case) left over after the camera.  I like modifying the pelican because you get a positive location of the camera and hole location is exact every time.   Ghoot is right there won't be any foam. I don't like working with the foam if I don't have to but,  I have't droped on yet either.    

bat

Reaction score
You can also just grind the side of the camera down a little...where the rope attaches.  This will help the camera fit into the Pelican a little.  That is if you don't worry about what the camera side looks like.  I did one this way and it doesn't look bad and really I didn't grind the Pelican down a bit.  Worked pretty good!  bat

davered1

Reaction score
<font size="5">The best pelican case by far is a free pelican case!!</font>

<div align='center'>:dancinred:</div>

Top Bottom