THE BEST WATER SEALANT!!!  REALLY!!

whitetailfan

Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone here post any comments about this product that I have just recently discovered. It has GOT to be the absolute best water proofer that money can buy. Its called, “MARINE GOOP”. I know this sounds like a commercial but really, I have never used anything like this before. It's WAY better that silicon. It goes on easier, doesn't smell as bad and makes a permanent bond to whatever you want it to. It adheres to glass, plastic, metal, vinyl, leather, rubber, neoprene, polycarbonate, brick, marble, ABS, PVC, copper, waterproof cloth, aluminum, brass, wood, linoleum, fiberglass, Naugahyde, porcelain and ceramic. The ONLY thing that it's NOT good for is Styrofoam. So pretty much ANYTHING you would be using on a "home brew" project. It dries faster than silicon and I bet it would be a GREAT alternative to hot glue. I don't think it's conductive but I'm going to find out and I'll let you guys know. I bought it at LOWE'S the other day and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Well, maybe not that good but it's really good. It only cost about $4.00 for a 3.7 oz tube. A little of this stuff goes a long way. You can find it in the paint section of Lowe's where the silicon, super-glue and caulking are. There are several different kinds of "GOOP" like "Plumber's Goop" and "Carpenter's Goop". This stuff is GREAT!!! If anyone has had any experience with MARINE GOOP, please let me know what you think about it. I'm going to try and post a pic of the package it came in so that it's easy to find. Let me know what you think.

(Edited by whitetailfan at 10:58 pm on May 10, 2002)

(Edited by whitetailfan at 11:39 pm on May 10, 2002)

MBullism

Reaction score
An alternative to hot glue?  What's next?  A replacement for duct tape?, LOL

I've used "shoe goop" and "plumbers goop" with excellent results.  Never seen or tried "marine goop".  (it must be tough if it's made from marines...).

Thanks for the tip,  I'll have to look for it.

M

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Your right it is good stuff.  Our walmart has it and I use it for the windows in my cams.  It works well with the polypropylene in the pelican cases.  Still best to scuff them up a bit.

Serach for "goop" on the forum.  Everything that is even a little bit stickey has been tried.  

Well gotta go eat.  Biskets and gravey.....Biskets and sorghum...............hmmm............sorghum

Just got another Idea for a good glue to try.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought some of this stuff this weekend....I'm with you it's good stuff!!!

Dry's fairly fast. waterproof, easy to work with.

Top Bottom