the big fat binford battery

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
has anyone used one of those big square batteries to power their cam? can you just put alligator clips on the +/- wires and clip them to the posts on the battery?

cc

passgas55

Reaction score
I don't know what type of battery you are talking about but my dig cam will be powered by a 6 volt, 8ahr sealed lead acid battery. Now if you are talking about a 6 volt lantern type with the spring clips , yes that will work as long as your setup is 6 volts and make sure you get your + and - hooked up in the right place.Now it would be better to use a aux power port on cam if you have one and if not you have to clip on to inside of battery holder the finale + and - going to cam. I hope somebody else will give you better directions than what I can give.

(Edited by passgas55 at 7:09 am on Aug. 3, 2002)

JimYates

Reaction score
What sensor are you using?  Can I run the RS sensor, Brian's board and D-380 cam off the same battery?

passgas55

Reaction score
I am not fam. with the rs pir but brians board power has to be no more than 5 volts and no less than 3.5 volts (I think). What they have been doing is coming off the 5 volt regulator from the pir to power brians board. I have a D370 and run it from the aux port using a 6volt sealed lead battery which powers my pir and D370 with no problem. Hope to get close to a month of power. Should be in the field in 2 weeks . I am using the LowPower MS20 pir.

(Edited by passgas55 at 8:30 pm on Aug. 19, 2002)

bigbucks

Reaction score
  Jim, I have a picture posted of the RS 49-426 sensor. It shows where you can pick up 5 volts (steady). This allows you to run the timer board directly off the sensor. The 425 is similar. There is a steady 5v off the + side of c2.

JimYates

Reaction score
I see where to hook up brian's board on the PIR.  Can the RS 425 run from 6V vs a 9V.  Just one less battery to worry about running down.  I would like to run 2 or 3 weeks at a time.

Top Bottom