The Boys

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Yep.
The Oldest wrecked his Nissan Pickup.
Then he goes to Hawaii to School and the next one down wrecks it again.
Then the next one down totals his 2005 Tacoma.
Then the Youngest 2 days ago totals his Nissan Sentra.

Did I mention they all got DUI'S.

And they say that Dad drives like an Old Lady.
Haven't had a ticket in over 20 years.
Never been in an accident.
God knows I've managed to avoid quite a few.

They are good kids mind you. Very kind, helpfull and thoughtfull.

I used to own a towing company. All of my boys would ride with me on Police calls.
Wrecks. Impounds for DUI and such.

I guess kids these days have to learn the hard way.

So educate your children about that pedal just to the left of the gas pedal.

Kentuck

Reaction score
wrecks are one thing, but DUI's, not good.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
The DUI'S with the help of a good Lawyer got beat down to Wet and Wreckless.
Go figure on that one.
But they have since learned to call Mom or Dad to pick them up after a party.
And you would think. After all those years of riding around with me and seeing the carnage that drunk drivers cause, they would have gotten the message sooner.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Some lessons are best learned the hard way. And when they see hhow much these poor decsions have effected them and will continue to effect them, they won't make the same mistake again.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
What's really funny about the DUI'S is they were popped not more than 3 blocks from home.
And the arresting officers knew who they were and who their Dad was.
I even had lunch with one of the cops the other day.
It's been a while, but they seem to have gotten the message.

Kids these days.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Just glad they (and everyone else on the highway) lived to learn the lesson. That's a lesson that's best learned on paper.

Barkoff

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tmoniz @ Apr 30 2008, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The DUI'S with the help of a good Lawyer got beat down to Wet and Wreckless.
Go figure on that one.[/b]
Who paid the lawyer?

I guess I'm just a hard ass, I marched my daughter into court and she plead guilty and paid every damn dime of her fines and traffic school.

The judge asked how she was going to pay the fines, the DA said I don't know, her parents refuse to pay.

Judge asked, "What do we do we do in this circumstance?"

The DA replied "I don't know, this has never happened before".

Now that really surprised me. The judge gave her two years to pay it off but when her two years were up she was still a grand short.

Judge cut her a break at that point and reduced it to wet & reckless.. paid in full.

I think she ended up paying about $4,000 with fines and school. I know that made an impression on her.

The night she got arrested for the DUI the CHP called our house to come and get her. My wife answered the phone, and as soon as he identified himself as a CHP, my wife figured he was out for some charity dollars. Before he could finish his sentence, she interrupted "no thank you, I'm not interested", and hung up.

The CHP officer lowers the phone, looks at my daughter, and says "sorry, your mom says she's not interested".

code3punk

Reaction score
Barkoff has it right, a stint in the pokey is what EVERY person that gets a DUI deserves. Kids or not , Money or not. Its a lesson that shouldn't have to be learned, Have your boys do a couple ride-alongs with the night crew of your local 911 ambulance provider, Wet and Reckless means alot more to you, when your staring at someones brains on the pavement. and the perp is uninjured (as always)......

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
They all did their night in Jail. I refused to go get them. And they paid every penny and did their schools.
Believe me. They all road with me when I was running wreckers for the PD. You would think after riding with me and seeing what I had to deal with due to drunk drivers they would have gotten the message.
They got it the hard/expensive way and fortunately they did not cause anyone else any harm.

The youngest was following to close the other day on the freeway and smacked a Jeep in the rear.
Totaled his car. Now he gets to use a skateboard as a means of transportation.

My Dad was a great guy but he was a hard ass about certain things. I've never had a Duece nor ever been in an auto accident.

S&P

Reaction score
I've always told my son that no matter where he is or what time it is, if he's been drinking he could call me and I'd pick him up and would not preach at him. He's done it twice and knock on wood, I believe he will again if he gets in that situation. I've also told him that if he ever chooses to drink and drive and get's a DUI, he's on his own and he knows I mean that too.

All we can do is raise them and hope some of what we teach them sinks in.

Common Sense

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tmoniz @ Apr 30 2008, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's really funny about the DUI'S is they were popped not more than 3 blocks from home.
And the arresting officers knew who they were and who their Dad was.
I even had lunch with one of the cops the other day.[/b]

Sounds like you have good cops in your town.

I've no doubt in my mind that if my kids had been stopped in my town(all about three blocks from my home!), the cops would have driven them home and told me to take care of it. That is not right; everyone should be treated the same.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
S&P

That's exactly what my Dad did with me.
I was never afraid to lock up the truck and give him a call.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom