The brookies bit good.

Mooseskinner

Reaction score
Went into Baxter yesterday and hiked into a remote pond.We caught 6 brookies,2 were 16"....smallest was 12 1/2.Hiked up a VERY,VERY,VERY STEEP HILL to get there.I've always enjoyed pain....and a charley horse is....well....almost as good as 2 charley horses.Or 3.....or in this case bout a dozen.Fresh maine brookies on the gamepole folks....if I only had some fiddleheads.
Time to go cut some good,grain-fed beef.Catch ya's later.

JDK

Reaction score
Nice brookies

I love fresh brookies. Catch and release into a hot pan of grease. That's my motto

woodseye

Reaction score
Nice catch Moose! Nothing like some pan fried brookies,except some pan fried brookies and salmon!Buzz and I have been doing pretty good on the brookies and now some salmon(5) in the last two days.Gonna have some for supper tonight,was going to try our hand at spearing suckers to sell to the lobsterman but hear they are already switching to menhaden for bait
I think we could have had great fun standing in a brook in the dark and stabbing each other in the foot with fish spears
Oh well got a nice new fish spear out of it.Least wearing boots I don't have to worry about the velcro huh?Hey Moose,when you get a charley horse just remember next time to walk up the hill backwards,that will give you different charley horses in new spots.
Us old guys learn to except charley horses as weakness leaving the body.

woods

Mooseskinner

Reaction score
LMAO Woods!! The dang hills was so steep my nose was touchin the ground walkin forward.If I walked backward I woulda been a candidate for a real live airlift exercise.
Wished I hada brought a couple stonefly nymphs,their bellies was full of em.My sentiments exactly JDK.The only ones we released was the ones that spit the hook.
I aint speared a sucker since I was a teeny-bopper.We used to sell em to a feller that run a bear camp in Ontario.We thought we was gonna be rich killin suckers,but we dang near went broke haulin em down the poleline on a wagon behind a farm tractor.And gas wasnt really all that expensive.
Oh well,kept us off the street corners and in the woods.
Heck Woods,go find out where the menhaden are runnin and spear them instead.

Top Bottom