The definition of a true hunting partner

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
Found that out this weekend. We've been hunting together for 18 years now and this weekend really proved his worth as a hunting partner. We sat side by side in the pit blind Sat and Sun sun up to sunrise never firing a shot. He never complained and we took turns napping and dicussing topics varying from solving 2nd order differential equations, finding the corner frequency of feedback systems, why AP chemistry students can't solve acid/base equations because they don't understand logrithms to the nude women at this one DU banquet. Plus he picks and packs out his share of the decoys. Whats your ideal blind mate like?

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Fowl shooter,

Out of curiosity why are you discussing differential equations, acid/base equations and frequency feedback in the duck blind? What do you or plan to do for a career?

You've just got me curious thats all.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Nude women at a DU banquet ! ! !

No wonder they are such a powerful organization.  It'll be easy to recruit my freinds knowing this.

songdog

Reaction score
Ideal hunting partner:

Q. "Where do you want to go"
A.  "Anywhere's fine with me"

Q.  "How far is it?"
A.  "Not too far but why don't you let me get this tank of gas?"

Q.  "Is that a banded Mallard that I just shot?"
A.  "Yeah, I saw that too when he flew right over me but I knew that you had never shot one and really wanted one".

Q.  "What if I forgot my lunch?"
A.  "Don't worry the Mrs. packed enough turkey and cranberry sandwiches for both of us".

Q.  "What kind of shells are those?"
A.  "Bismuth.  Never shot any?  Here, try a few boxes of mine".

Q.  "Did you see where that quail went down?"
A.  "Yeah, I think so.  Why don't you chase down the rest of the covey while I find this one for you".

Q.  "How heavy do you think this turkey is?"
A.  "Must be 25lbs. why don't you let me carry him back to the truck while you carry my 8lb shotgun".

hntndux

Reaction score
I've had a couple of true hunting partners over the years and every one of them is unique in their own way, but they all share a few things in common.  They're never late, never complain, gladly look for a wounded bird, listen to all of my complaining without saying a word and is always by my side when I need them.  My hunting dogs past and present are the best hunting partners I could ever ask for.  I could go hunting without a friend, but I can't go without my true friend, my hunting dog...

(Edited by hntndux at 2:46 pm on Jan. 7, 2002)

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
I'm a systems engineer with a semiconductor mfg and my partner recently retired as a fuels research chemist for Arco. We were dicussing OUR plans for our kids curriculum,lol.

huntducks

Reaction score
My hunting Partners are my two sons, if they start bitching I tell them to shut up and they say yes dad.

Plus my youngest is my duck hunting partner, and he carrys the decoys & picks them up, I pay for fuel truck & him.

hntndux i'm with you my dog never has a date or does not want to go, I just tell her bye bye and she does back flips trying to get to the back door, just hard to carry on a conversation with her on nude women.

grizz

Reaction score
If I could pick anyone for a day in the blind.  It would probally have to be -------- yes it would be  one of the nude gals from the DU dinner.  And I'll pack everything.  :noddin-yes:

Duckit

Reaction score
T true hunting partner is someone that doesn't discuss"...topics varying from solving 2nd order differential equations, finding the corner frequency of feedback systems, why AP chemistry students can't solve acid/base equations because they don't understand logrithms" :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom