The Doe Bowl Is closed and under 2 foot plus of snow

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Well spent Saturday and Sunday out at the Doe Bowl, was surprised at how much snow there was. 2 foot plus of snow made it difficult just to get out to the Blind had my 9 year old grand son with me and he was Jazzed to get out with OPAH. But after 2 days and a can of Doe in heat, no Deer, No track, not much of anything, So Sunday morning we head off down the desert side to check out one other place I know and it did look good.
Right at the edge of the snow line and the roads were clear, up to the dirt, had my Big Yucon and decided to hold off till I had My goat. no fun being stuck in the mud with a huge Vehical with street tires.
Well its coming down to the wire now only two weekends to seal the deal here, this coming weekend I think I'll go it alone, stake out one of the trails I know of early morning and if that fails get up hight and glass. If it stays clear I should have no trouble but these dirt roads are narrow, steep and slippery. Man i was so sure I would have this tag filled by now, But then again I get to make memories with my son's Boys, do not see them anywhere as often as I would like and planning on changing that.
It was cool though got some pictures and the Boy had a great time, I was very impressed with him a coule years ago I wouldn't have even continplated bringing either one of them, they were rag tag ruffians, and a hand full. That was the reason for only one at a time, together they and be Hell on wheels.
So here is to hoping the weaher stays clear, the roads dry up and the Deer are where I think they are. Cheers !

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I can, a bout this same time last year we chased around several doe in the spot I will be going to. This year with a bit more knowledge and experience i will have them come to me. Hear Doe de Doe de Doe, Buck, Buck Buck, BUUUUUCK !
My new Deer call ! sounds great in the field !

Top Bottom