The points thing

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Okay. I went on the DFG's site to check out my points standing.
I have 6 for deer.

I'm in the middle of a career change and it's possible once I land a new job. I will not have acquired enough vacation time to pull off a hunting trip.
I want to put alot of time in on a premium hunt if I get drawn.

So can I buy another point and call it a year?

The DFG site says you can take a bye on using your points for 5 years and then you lose them.

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Yes, you can buy a point only. It'll be on the app, but you have to buy a license first.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks snoop I know about the whole routine. License, Apps, Etc.
I was gonna buy a point on the first App and then decide on a D zone on the second app after the draw.
I just don't want to lose the points I have.
Guess I'll call the DFG.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I could be worng but the way I understand it is that you have to keep buying a license and building points each year. If you stop doing that for 5, then you loose them. I don't think you can loose points by just buying more each year and not actually applying for a hunt.

Litch

Reaction score
Yes, you can buy a bonus point, I did it last year.

jackrabbit

Reaction score
I just buy the first deer tag application. On that first tag app I just mark Pref Point only for my first choice, then mark my D Zone as my 2nd choice on the same app, and then I get the D tag in the mail and still earn the additional pref point for the year. Just one application needed. I'll use my points for a draw in a year that I and a buddy can have plenty of time to spend away from home for a long hunt in a draw zone.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
jackrabbit I was wondering if you could do that.
Thanks.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom