• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

The result of the last two months

myfriendis410

I "went to school" on bulletcasting and re-visited my entire procedure. After two months of loading and shooting BIG, HEAVY bullets; I have a fading yellow bruise and a large number of targets to show for it. The attached image is the result of all of my work. This group is repeatable, as I demonstrated for myself later this morning.

This is shot from my Pedersoli Sharps "Billy Dixon" 45/70 using an inexpensive peep sight with circular front insert rather than a post. No appreciable wind and the shots were taken from sandbags under the front of the forearm. This is 5 rounds. Group is 1/2". The load is of my own making using wheel weights, my own recipe lube, with an over-powder card and filler with a heavy crimp.

Attachments

Last edited:

ltdann

Sigh! Always high. Maybe you ought to give that 45/70 to a gunsmith to adjust the sights?:bag-on-head:

Top Bottom