The "Roger beep"

Rookie

Reaction score
Does anybody know which of the Motorola walkie talkies do not have the "roger beep." This is the acknowledgement sound at the end of your transmission.  I find the roger beep spooks the game.  I'd kike to get a Motorola that does not have this feature.  Thanks

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure which ones don't have a roger beep, but you could get an earpiece to cut down on too much external noise.

foulshot

Reaction score
The talkabout 250 does not have the beep, but it also does not allow you to scan channels or hook up.  I don't even know if you can get them any more.  If you have a Costco card they have a T6400 that is frs/gmrs with the roger beep disable.  It also has a vibrate mode.
Or like Karstic says buy an earbud.

Rookie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.  I checked Costco.  Their price was $99.99 for the 6400, per unit.  I thought maybe I'd do a little more checking. I wandered over to Radio Shack.  They had a unit that is very small, has 1-14 channels, plus a bunch of "quiet code" channels that are designed to cut cross talk.  You can disable the roger beep easily. They also have a rubberized exterior. $39.99 per unit.  I bought two of them.  I don't know who makes them, thay are labeled "Radio Shack." I'll try them out and post the results.  :dancinred::usa-flag-raisin:

Top Bottom