The Shot Me Down For a Weddin

Quailcrazy

Reaction score
Can't believe it, the wife has me going to a late afternoon wedding on the 31st.  Talk about screwin things up.  I was lined up for El Centro on a family members farm and then NOTHING!  Is there anywhere a guy can go within an hour or so of LA and Orange County to kill a limit of dove?  And heck yes I'm asking for honey holes.  LOL Thanks for any help

Marty

Reaction score
WHAT!?  You can't let that stop you.  I'm taking the wife to a <font size="-2">(michael bolton)</font> concert Saturday night. (her birthday present)  Then driving out to the I.V. and catching a nap before dawn.  Follow it up with an afternoon nap and you're good to go.

edit: *cough*

(Edited by Marty at 8:09 pm on Aug. 21, 2002)

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Uhhh...michael WHO????????? Man who's next...Celine Dion? I thought I had it bad for having to take Mrs. grtwythunter on a cruise in between deer seasons. Hope you make it through w/o any serious side effects.                    Scott

Welcome to JHP quailcrazy. You won't find a better bunch to hang out with!!!!!!!!!

(Edited by grtwythunter at 9:57 am on Aug. 21, 2002)

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Marty, you're going to see WHO???!!!???  Ack!  Sorry dude, but I think you just broke one of the "guy rules"!  

You know the penalty.

Ready, aim...   :shootin-rifle:

:sunglasses-yellow:

All that aside, Welcome to the list, Quailcrazy!  I'm in NoCal, so I can't help you with dove hunting, but I bet someone on this list can!

B

BDOG

"UUUHHHH! Honey The guys are all taking theirs.  They just called to see if I could take mine. COUGH  COUGH Guys She said  NO Way The dick stays home"(Sam Kinisen) It's easy ,just be a dick til she can't stand you any longer,then you can go. It works all the time.BDOG

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Quailcrazy, Welcome to Jesse's best place on the web. Lots of great peeps and info here. Have fun on the forums.
Fisrt things first, from this point on you must, I mean must ink in your calender for the rest of your life that you are hunting on September 1st. I told my wife 20 year ago that nothing gets in the way of the opener, I haven't mist an opener in 32 years. If you have kids take them and stress the fact that you are passing something on more then a concert or wedding. :smile-wink: but, realy try to get out of it. Good Luck

Hay BDOG, Dude Sam is just to funny.

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Let this be a lesson to all men.  You need to set the ground rules right out of the gate.  My wife knows I have a 1 wedding a year limit and that wedding has to be on a non-holiday weekend between June 1st and August 28th.  It also must be in the local area.  

Although I dread weddings not that I'm married, I thought they were great when I was single.  All those single girls standing around wishing they had a man of their own.  They're easy pickins, even for a goofy fat guy like me.  Now that I'm married, there's no reason to attend a wedding.

Regards,
Paul

fpscabs

Reaction score
Marty
Remember to test those new ear plugs Sat. night.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Yeah, the ol' lady's birthday always falls on the second weekend of the first dove season, but this year its not until Monday.  Looks like I'm out of this one, so I'm taking off to Blythe.  I'll have to shower her with gifts to make up for being gone during the weekend.

Marty - you shouldn't have let your fingers type what they did, you'll never hear the end of it!!!

Tominator

Reaction score
Marty, please tell us this is all a cruel joke. Dude, you can't be serious!
Tominator

tinner

Reaction score
quailcrazy good to meet you. blythe is only 2 12 or so hours away from lakewood. if it is a late wedding here is some help. a six pack of mountain dew and a can of copenhagen will get you across country with 6 hours or less sleep.
 marty, marty, marty, what are we going to do with you. :chainsaw::roll-eyes-green::not-worthy:

Megadeth

Reaction score
The poor guy chose that as his first post!!! Well believe me, these guys will help you out of your depression alright. I betcha DARTH JAY would/could answer your cries. Good luck to ya man, its gonna be tough.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Michael Bolton??? I always thought he was a screamer, never did like singers who sound like they just had a safe fall on their big toe.

Marty

Reaction score
Ok.Ok. I know...  just remember, it's not for me.  I'm sure I won't be the only straight guy in the crowd with ear plugs and muffs on.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
$10.00 bucks says Marty slips security a fifty just to get back stage to meet Michael.

Quailcrazy

Reaction score
You guys are too funny!  Thanks for all the responses, I definitely know the error of my ways.  Weddings are bad enough, but Micheal Bolton is worse!  As for the opener, I'm thinkin possibly about one of our local hunting clubs. Four Winds, Antelope Valley  ...  What are your thoughts/

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Quailcrazy,

I'm worried about you brother!  I'm assuming it's a early afternoon funeral, wedding (my bad) that will probably end about 10 pm, drive home, kiss the little mama and hit the road.  Part of being a hunter is going without sleep!

drew 41

Reaction score
Qauilcrazy, i will tell you what to do,bring your shotgun to the wedding and when they
release those white dove if your good maybe you won't have to leave the wedding to get your limit?

good hunting. drew 41

Quailcrazy

Reaction score
Drew 41, thats the problem, the wedding doesn't even start until 5:00pm.  I'm thinkin I won't even be headin home much befor 10 or 11.  Ya know if it weren't my wifes sister, I'ld be makin a bigger stink out of it.  This is the 1st time I've had this problem, and I'll tell you there will be some new rules bein made.  I'm gonna pull my B_LLs out right after that wedding! LOL

Top Bottom