The ULTIMATE Housing

Rooter

Reaction score
I have been thinking about the ultimate housing for a cam.  I think I have it.  Mount your cam and sensor/timer in your waterproof housing of your choice.  Then using an inflated balloon and some paper mache' make a "hornets nest".  I am sure it could me made to easily look like the tons of hornets nests found in the woods.  An art teacher in my school gave me some waterproof acrylic.  I bet it would work.  cut in half, cut lense, flash, and sensor holes.  It could be easily be made to look like a nest.  I know I wouldn't touch it!

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me...I hunt Cambra Co. PA and see those paper wasps nests all the time...pretty smart

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Neat Idea.   it would probably work 95%of the time

I have severl nests at the house.  around here in late october the hornets move to trees and into the ground.  people collect and sell the nests,but you have to really want them.  I've gotton them that were "empty" and had them wake up on the ride home.

Yeeeee....Haaaa......

Archilochus

Reaction score
I'm getting a good laugh just imagining what people would think when they pass by the big 'ol hornet nest and they get "flashed"!!

"Hey - maybe those hornets is doin' some undergound nuke testin"  :0

Archilochus

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Put a sticker on it saying  
<font size="4">CAUTION: African Killer Bee Test Study!</font>

I have thought about building something into a fake branch, or stump made of balsa wood or plastic, but I thought it would be to bulky to carry around.

We should have a little contest to see who can make the most "invisible cam".

(Edited by coyotebandit at 3:05 pm on Mar. 15, 2002)

Rooter

Reaction score
I teach and the kids love a book series called "Where's Waldo?"  I can see it now.  Where's the Cam?"  I may start mine this weekend.  BZZZZZZZZZZ

swampfox

Reaction score
well here in FL, several times I have seen hunters and I can say I'm guilty of it too,take their 12 gauge and blow one of those nests out of the tree. alot of people like to hang them in the den or living area as a decoration or discussion piece. i dont know if i would risk my cam taking 9 pellets of 00 buck. just something to consider!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom