The wife got a new vehicle...and I get to play with it on Weekends&#33

Rnovi

Reaction score
(BAH! I mean 2007 FJ!)

Since it doesn't exist without pictures...

heh heh heh...the Black Cherry will help hide the blood.

BDB

Reaction score
My wife loves that truck too. I have seen a few of them and really like the look of it. We can only have one vehicle right now so she's gonna have to wait for it

3D4ME

Reaction score
Belch;

It’s one of those new retro models!!

Rnovi;

Take it out and let us know how it does. Watching the videos on Toyota’s web site it looks like a great off road machine. I have not talked to anyone who has one yet. I need some first hand feed back!! Congrats!!

3D

Rnovi

Reaction score
2007 model.

I'm really laughing about it now. My wife wants to go camping this weekend...someplace really off the beaten path! Too funny! She's never really been much of one for roughing it so maybe this beast helps us turn a new corner.

Next step: she needs to get her hunting license!

As to offroad capabilities: heh, I'll give some lightweight commentary after the weekend. The previous hunting wagon was a Rav4 2wd stick with tall truck tires. It did pretty darn well all things considered!

BTW, I ran over a few curbs on principal - not bad at all!

Drayton

Reaction score
Wow! She want's to go camping off the beaten path! This might be the start of something good. Go ahead and get her a license.

My wife has grown away from camping from back in the days of scouting with the kids. Wish I could get her to camp with me. I even have an air-conditioned pop-up!

Rnovi

Reaction score
Now I should note that I don't think I'll ever get her out on multiple overnight backpacking trips, but a day or two in woods she can deal with. Give her a decent shower on a regular basis and she's game for a lot more!

Gotta love that woman.

PHOnos

Reaction score
Want one, want one, want one.

Why not an all white one?

OK, I'll take the silver gray.

What's the head, shoulder and hip room like? OK for us 6-2 fat arses?

Rnovi

Reaction score
Headroom is amazing! first off the seat has several inches of vertical height adjustment. Second, the headrooom - damn it's nice! I'm 5'8" and I have a solid 8" of headroom. The cab of the rig is very, very square which really lends itself to a lot o shoulder and head room.

Very wide, very large, very comfortable. I suspect that a 6'2" 280#-er wouldn't have any issues with it.

BTW, first tank of gas, mixed freeway and city netted 18.5mpg. That's for the auto trans with the roof rack. Not bad at all.

I am convinced that 21mpg is really quite doable at 75mph on the freeway.

sportyg

Reaction score
Don't forget to put a JHP decal on it !!

Top Bottom