They Gobbling Yet

Darren

Reaction score
I am thinking after this storm passes through I am gonna go scout but I might want to set up and call a little not to spook them just to see where they are and whats up their normal activities where they feed and such but to make it easier do you think they might be gobbling yet??

Turkey Beard

Reaction score
I went out for the first time this morning and heard 3 gobblers, not much gobbling but it's a start.  Also saw 4 hens headed straight to them.  I also heard when they got on the ground and started fighting.

woodsman

Reaction score
Not that I'v heard yet in MA I have them in the woods behind my house I'v seen them less than 100 yards away , I'm thinking about going out on saturday to see.:ren:

MBullism

Reaction score
heard them gobblin' in MA this morning...  maybe you need a new spot woodsman  ;)

woodsman

Reaction score
I do have a new spot  thanks to you hehe:moon: Turkeys going mad in MA

(Edited by woodsman at 8:12 pm on Mar. 9, 2002)

MBullism

Reaction score
:moon:  yourself!  Two rolls of film in a week on turks and YOU need a new spot?

M

TheBigwhitehunter

Reaction score
I was down in San Diego this weekend looking around and yes the birds are gobbling now. I saw about 45 turkeys still flocked up in two areas alot of jakes. Also the lack of no rain is present. Good luck to you guys

P.S. I wish there was a bow season so I could start before gen. I like to shoot turks with bows more range :dancinred::dancinred::dancinred::bounce-red-fire:

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
I heard my first two gobbles of the season on Saturday morning.  I was scouting an area in Adams County Ohio along the Ohio River.  I never take any calls with me when I'm scouting so I didn't mess with them.  One of the gobbles could have been a Jake because it sounded terrible.  He needs some more practice.  The first call came at about 6:20AM and it was loud and clear - man oh man - what a great sound after a long grey winter.

B

Bullseye

I did some scouting in lake county. saw several flock of about 15 or 20 birds.  But I thought the floks broke up in the spring, is that not the case? the flocks seamed to have hens, jakes and even older toms strutting. one flock had three big toms all puffed up and strutting. what's up with that?

Darren

Reaction score
Dont worry bullseye they will break up just wait until they are at the peak of their breeding season they will break up but the jakes might chill out together I have seen huge flocks of jakes before during the peak of the breeding season:shootin::::gunfighter:

PowDuck

Reaction score
My cousin just called me from the top of our mountain in Central Arkansas where we hunt and told me he hasn't heard a gobble this morning yet. I'll be scouting in SW Arkansas Saturday. hope it's different down here.

trkyhntr

Reaction score
I heard 4 gobblers going off this morning here in New York.

woodsman

Reaction score
I heard 5 gobblers going off last weekend hear in MA :toast-yellow::wow-eyes: sign of good things to follow

(Edited by woodsman at 10:29 pm on Mar. 15, 2002)

max

Reaction score
Saw a big ole tom strutting around three hens two days ago...they where away from a group of like 50 birds that I have been watching all winter!! We don't open season here until May!!! By then its so green and "no see-um" infested it almost seems to late.The last two years the woods have been quiet in May.Guess they want to make sure that those hens are well bread by the opener!!
   Good Luck to All this Season......

Darren

Reaction score
Yeah I have finally found the time and going the next morning can't wait I am going to bring the ol' video camera too.

Top Bottom