"They Want Jesus Instead": Why Muslims Convert

gwhunter69

Reaction score
"They Want Jesus Instead": Why Muslims Convert
By Chuck Colson
Monday, March 24, 2008

In church yesterday, as you celebrated Easter, did you notice anything—or anyone—unusual?

In churches all over the world, there were millions of people celebrating the resurrection of Christ, who were not there just a few years ago—because they were worshipping in a mosque instead.

LINK

arizona hunter

Reaction score
I was not aware that Muslims were converting to Christ Jesus. That is Good News. I
suppose if I went to the Focus on the Family web site they might have some data, or maybe Barna has some figures listed. Now they have the knowledge of the Hope of eternal life. I guess too, they realized that Jesus rose from the dead while Mohammad is still in his grave-dead.

Val

Reaction score
Does that mean we'll have to deal with Fundamentalist Christian suicide bombers?

chuam

Reaction score
There are plenty of people who also convert the other way. Converting from religion to another religion really is nothing new.

I guess when you take the source of this it makes sense. (and no GW that was not a dig at you but at TH)

gwhunter69

Reaction score
I think that means that a large portion of Muslim are disgusted by what is done in the name of Islam. I can imagine that there have been more than a few crisises of faith with Islam followers.

chuam

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gwhunter69 @ Mar 26 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think that means that a large portion of Muslim are disgusted by what is done in the name of Islam. I can imagine that there have been more than a few crisises of faith with Islam followers.[/b]
I think that you will see more of a movement away from fanaticism in Islam as the moderates start to get fed up with those on the fringes. We're seeing the Saudis trying to change it. I don't think it is a crisis of faith but just cherry picking to prove a point in the article.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Isn't it funny how everything is a "crisis" with liberals..even when it comes to religion in which they claim no interest .
The fellow from the "Joshua Fund" was on Fox News the other day, and he assured us that many Muslims are converting.
They are converting primarily because of all the HATE involved in Islam...

chuam

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chuckslayer @ Mar 26 2008, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Isn't it funny how everything is a "crisis" with liberals..even when it comes to religion in which they claim no interest .
The fellow from the "Joshua Fund" was on Fox News the other day, and he assured us that many Muslims are converting.
They are converting primarily because of all the HATE involved in Islam...[/b]
Your reading comprehension astounds me. If you read the previous post to mine GW mentions that muslims are leaving islam because of a crisis of faith.

I was replying to that. Are you so blind or ignorant that you can't comprehend what a "crisis of faith" is? I would have to say that the people that scream crisis tend to be more on the right wing side, "we have an immigration crisis, a terrorist crisis, etc." Please don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Yup and Fox news, that biased muslim bashing network.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
C'mon Chuam;

Everything is a "crisis" with libs...we have all heard it from the lib news media

CRISIS in health care
CRISIS in child care
CRISIS in the economy
CRISIS in consumer confidence
CRISIS in gun control
global warming CRISIS
mideast CRISIS
We hear it over and over from the left !

Here's a couple crises cases we better watch out for...go to www.youtube.com/ then do a search in videos for

< Obama plans to destroy America's military > and.. < Obama campaign flies Cuban/Guevara flag > ...does that give us comfort ?

chuam

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chuckslayer @ Mar 27 2008, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
C'mon Chuam;

Everything is a "crisis" with libs...we have all heard it from the lib news media

CRISIS in health care
CRISIS in child care
CRISIS in the economy
CRISIS in consumer confidence
CRISIS in gun control
global warming CRISIS
mideast CRISIS
We hear it over and over from the left !

Here's a couple crises cases we better watch out for...go to www.youtube.com/ then do a search in videos for

< Obama plans to destroy America's military > and.. < Obama campaign flies Cuban/Guevara flag > ...does that give us comfort ?[/b]
Funny you mention that. we hear the same crisis crap from the right as well. If you think the right doesn't use fear mongering as a tactic then you have your head buried in the sand.

Sodhunter

Reaction score
So Fox news is a biased Muslim bashing network? Is that like Chaum being a biased Christian bashing network? I've seen your view but I haven't seen Fox biasedly bashing the Muslims. Could you dig up something for us on that? You don't think the fact that people are committing terrorist acts in the name of Allah will affect people's faith in Allah? You hate Christians so bad that you would rather the Muslims didn't convert to Christianity? Or are you Muslim and that is why you don't want them converting? Just curious. You sound like you don't want to believe Muslims are converting to Christianity and I was wondering why that would bother you. I wish they would all convert then the suicide bombing would end right? It's all the fanatic Moslems that we are fighting, no? Maybe they see their big tough spiritual leaders hiding in holes and strapping bombs to kids in the name of Allah and decide they need to rethink who their spiritual leaders are. Even Obama says he was rethinking his spiritual leaders teachings. Had the Rev Wright not retired Obama would have gone elsewhere. Why can't you comprehend people not wanting to be part of a faith that teaches suicide bombing?

Advertisement

Top Bottom