Thinking about a guided goose hunt

db 183

Reaction score
Any suggestions? I am looking to take my daughter on a guided goose hunt. Honkers or Specks, doesn't matter.

I want to do it in California, preferably in the Sacramento Valley.

Any good guide experiences or recommendations?

Duck Fan

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to use Ben Williams - since you asked specifically about targeting geese.

<O:p
He has changed his operation in the past couple of years to target Specks.
<O:p</O:p
http://www.fishdogoutdoors.com/

I know he would work very hard to get your daughter onto the birds.
A suggestion might be to hunt with Ben and then make a weekend out of it – maybe take her over to the Sac complex on a day you don’t hunt with Ben.

The blinds make it easier than free roaming, and the duck hunting and goose hunting there can also be outstanding. Stay in a local motel in Williams or Willows and you will make a wonderful memory for the both of you.

Another suggestion is to contact Dave at Duck Hunting Sundance Hunting Club

He is a sponsor here as well. I have not talked to Dave in a couple of years but had a great hunt with my son - using Dave. Tell him you want to target geese. Very nice guy.

I also believe Dave offers a nice price discount for juniors!

Good luck to you...and to her.<O:p</O:p

Last edited:

pennywise67

Reaction score
I second Ben at Fishdog. Great guy fun to hunt with.

-Larry

One Track

Reaction score
If that one doesn't work out, try Killzone Outfitters. They are crazy about Specks.

bodega

Reaction score
Mike Moore (if I remember correctly) of Valley Guide Service. Don't have a phone number. They donated a goose hunt to the CWA Marin pig feed that we just had today. Nice guy, good poster of hunters with geese. He works the northern Sac valley.

Duck Fan

Reaction score
Mike Moore (if I remember correctly) of Valley Guide Service. Don't have a phone number. They donated a goose hunt to the CWA Marin pig feed that we just had today. Nice guy, good poster of hunters with geese. He works the northern Sac valley.

Also a very good choice - was featured on Benelli'a show this week with Tom Knapp:

Mike Moore
[EMAIL="mike@valleyguideservice.com"]mike@valleyguideservice.com[/EMAIL]

530-741-1522
http://www.valleyguideservice.com/Goose%20Hunts.htm<O:p</O:p

Jon Wills

Reaction score
Mike Moore at Valley Guide Service does a great Speck and Snow hunt. A great quality hunt and very professional. I'm going back for my second trip in a row!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom