this ever happen to you?

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
a few weeks ago, when i got my first homebrew, my wife says to me "when your done with that CAMERA i want it. that's the same kind of camera i want" i told that it wouldn't be anytime soon and besides it no longer works like regular camera and then showed why.
the past couple days i have been looking at cameras on ebay so i can build my first cam. i've been looking at the elph LT. i bid on a few and yesterday i was a high bidder on one of them. i told my wife and she tells me (in her stern voice), "YOUR GETTING A CAMERA SO YOU CAN TAKE IT APART!! I DON'T THNK SO!! THAT CAMERA IS MINE WHEN IT COMES!" i didn't argue with her, i figure if she wants it that bad she can have it, she's been wanting a new camera for a while anyways. so next week it looks like i'll start looking again. actually i'm think about using the canon PF now instead. i'll just have to see what ebay brings my way.

cc

davered1

Reaction score
Same thing happened with my 370's. The first one showed and my wife saw it , I already had it modified by the time I let her see the quality of pictures it took.

She confiscated the second camera. I am not even allowed to use it myself?

Showed her though , bought 2 more :toast-yellow:

LW

Reaction score
I built my first 35mm camera in March and second a short time ago, as I worked  the wife would walk by and with mild interest ask what I was doing,  as I tried to "educate" her she would simply smile and move on. Then one day recently I casually mentioned the guys here on the net were developing a digital camera version, immediately the hands went on the hips and the old "Evil One Eye" raised it's ugly head (...you know the look, the one you get when you miss a birthday or anniversary) "I thought soooo!" she shrieked "Your not getting my digital camera!!!", "You can forget it,.. just forget it"

Now, you young guys listen up, this is what I call a golden moment. Here's where male ingenuity and superior intellect kicks in, you got'ta be at least fourty and/or married at least 15 years to think on your feet like this....! so I said "but sweetie we can get YOU a new one", "No you're not, you're not getting mine!!", {Here it comes,this is what we live for guys..} "YOU GO GET YOUR OWN" she cried.  He,He,He. Quick as a flash I was on the net, fingers blazing away at the keyboard with credit card in PLAIN sight, the "E.O.E." slowly faded to that "I won again" look you get when they think they whipped you like a dog.... Long story short, my D 370 will be in Monday , she's happy, I am happy.... life is good!!    

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
that's pretty funny LW!!

the D-370 is the camera i really want to use, but this being my first i figure i better go with a cheaper camera the first time. if there's a next time  the D-370 will be the one. i hate waiting for film to develope! LOL

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
CC,  

The 370 is easier, way easier, to open and solder into then the Owl PF.

Something to consider.

Todd

Top Bottom