This is just too much!!

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi all,
Check this item on e-bay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?V...item=1047661878

OK.. I have absolutely nothing against people selling finished "home-brew" cams - they're a fair amount of work.  But this person is selling instructions!!! INSTRUCTIONS!!!  And someone has bid on them!!!!
ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

OK...OK... I took my medication.... I'm calm now....

Archilochus

StringShooter

Reaction score
I wonder what the directions look like?

This could get a bit interesting to say the least.

Now I'm starting to fume!!!

gizz

Reaction score
Spectr han't gonna like this. Remember what he did to Snoopy?

I'm considering bidding like a $10,000 dollars then not paying of course. When this ass leaves negative feedback i can then respond to the feedback with the URL to the plans for free. What do ya think?

(Edited by gizz at 8:05 pm on Dec. 13, 2001)

davered1

Reaction score
arch,

I hit a site the other day,was going to post it and show you guys.This guy is selling instructions as well.Will see if I can find it and post url

FOUND it ,quick eh?http://deercamera.netfirms.com/

check this guy out 27.99 for plans.Someone already posted on his forum that people can get instructions free here.

hehehehe

by the way EBAY isn't so great anyway,have been trying to get rid of 3 of my old cams there ,have sold them all 3 times and only got money for 1.

(Edited by davered1 at 8:43 pm on Dec. 13, 2001)

Possum

Reaction score
Is there a way to comment to the public by using his feedback column?  I'll do it if you guys can figure out how.

Possum

Reaction score
I've got it.  You can e-mail the bidders, at least.

It worked.  Now they can be a homebrewer too.

(Edited by Possum at 10:32 pm on Dec. 13, 2001)

Zeke

Reaction score
Deja Vu. Already did. Told him I hoped he didnt think I was meddling but you could get instructs for free from a "Great website". It would suck to buy them when all you had to do was come here. Did I do the right thing?  Z

Possum

Reaction score
If I was paying for them and then found out they were free, I would be glad if someone helped me.  Two kids and  subsidizing Santa Claus - I need all the help I can get.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
From the Cheapcam website

<font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>Your friends and family will not believe how ingenious you are and you can keep the instruction booklet to yourself.<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

We's ingenious. :surprised-purple:

I'm not sure who the cheapcam guy is, I've been contacted by several people who want to use the info on the homebrew page for their personal gain. I wouldn't care except the homebrew info is constantly being updated and it would be pretty confusing to have 3 or 4 sets of instructions floating around.

Without any patent we really can't say anything, everyone in the hunting comunity pretty much knows where this idea came from and we are certainly not the first to make a game camera. The pioneers like Archilochus, Tinhorn, Yotee and Edison :smile-big-blue: were making them years ago, just different home made designs.

I really didn't have a beef with Snoopy selling them, I just didn't think he should claim to have discovered our same design, camera PIR etc. One thing you'll notice when you see someone's own design is it's a bit different than the rest. It was a bit of a stretch to believe Snoopy found all the same parts 2 months after this project was posted on a few hunting sites, no matter what his attorney critterhunter said in his defense.

I'll let you hounds dawg the ebay person. You guys are brutal.:black-eye:

Zeke

Reaction score
New Homebrewer coming soon!!! I just got an e-mail back from the bidder. He was glad for the info.

d91

Reaction score
whatever became of that critterhunter punk anyway? what a pain in the butt he was.

quackmaster

Reaction score
What was wrong with critterhunter? I thought his long posts were rather humorous. All he did was restate everything else that had been said on the TNForum in under 10,000+ words or less.

What about all the others that were on the original Tn board a year ago.  What happened to them? I remember - yotee, eagle eye, tnhunter, robnhood, and some of the others?

I wish I could see the seller's face when he got that e-mail :mad-fumin-red:    :laffin-yellow:
Maybe scooby has gone bigtime, instead of selling cams he's sellin directons!
The bidders need a proper welcome. I'm sure they wouldn't get any help from the seller.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 You guys are cracking me up roflmao he is not responding to those posts at all,its as if he dont even see them.
 If he has original plans of his own you would think that he would come here,e mail them to Jesse or someone to prove they are his or at least entirely different and get you guys off his back hehe.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I feel like if everyone here knew that all the help that they were giving was for some else to profit off of then this website would probably not exist.

I for one am here to try and help and in turn I have been helped.  For someone to gain personal profit off of this although it may be legal is a breach of trust and friendship.  How many people would own a deer camera without this help.  If an individual has gained the knowledge to build something that they otherwise would have no idea how to do and then turns around and sells this to everyone.  I for one think it is not right and would not continue to help this individual.
It is different to build one for friends and family.  These are people you know and try to help all the time anyway.

Just a personal thought.

Brian

russ

Reaction score
Some of us old Tn boys are still around.Built my first Cam off Tndeer.com.

StringShooter

Reaction score
This is a different way to look at the situation.

As clear and understandable as the directions are, there are still a large number of people who cannot build a camera without assistance from this forum. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's just a complicated chore for someone who is not to fancy with electronics.

Now what's going to happen when these "instruction buyers" have a problem? They are going to complain to the seller. They are going to want advise on a given situation that I am quite sure the seller knows nothing about because he's just out to make a buck or two.

Give it some time. He will suffer from his own demise. :gunfighter:

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
Here Too, Here Too

I would like to see the instructions and see if he just printed off this site.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom