This is so freaking cool, Archers so cool

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Say I shot a doe, very early cold Morning, I gut her and prop her up in a good location, set off a buck Bomb. is my real Dead Doe decoy legal ?

Last edited:

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
It be legal my hunting friends !!!

CATEGORY ARCHIVES: DECOYS

Cow Decoy for Big Game and Turkey Hunting?

Posted on March 2, 2017 by California Outdoors | Leave a comment
(Photo courtesy of Ultimate Predator Gear)
Question: There is a manufacturer of decoys that attach to the front of a bow gun for hunting big game and turkeys. They are similar to the Montana style decoys but with a frontal profile blocking the hunter’s profile while he aims and shoots through the large center hole. The decoys come in the frontal shape of a bovine cow, a turkey, a cow elk, a mule deer and others. Can I use the bovine cow decoy while bow hunting big game such as deer and wild pigs in California? I have heard of great success with this decoy in other states. Also, can the same decoy be used for turkeys? The cow decoy seems to be a much safer alternative for the hunter to avoid being mistaken for game. (Leo H.)
Answer: There are no regulations regarding the use of decoys for big game hunting. However, it is “unlawful to use any mammal (except a dog) or an imitation of a mammal as a blind in approaching or taking game birds” (Fish and Game Code, section 3502).
Isn't this bow blind Cool !! I have got to get me one

Last edited:

TheGDog

Reaction score
I wonder why its only illegal for attempting to take birds?

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Very good information, thank you
now if some other A31 tag holder dosn't shoot me before it is outlawed in california I should do great !
Thinking about getting the Cow for Pig hunting

6x7

Reaction score
I thought I read years ago cow hiding devices were not legal in ca

Bankrunner

Reaction score
If it's surrounded by fishing line trip wires and has a solar powered flashlight hanging in a tree nearby you should be good to go. Right?

twbowhunter

Reaction score
Sitting on a hill last year in Arizona late season archery I saw a guy using one ran into him later and he swears by them I don't want to drop any names because I don't have his permission But he was doing a live podcast for a hunting article

dthome

Reaction score
If it's surrounded by fishing line trip wires and has a solar powered flashlight hanging in a tree nearby you should be good to go. Right?
LOL. That really should do the trick, shouldn’t it?
A couple of years ago when turkey hunting, i used a tripod to mount my GoPro camera, and placed it right next to me. Some hunters walked by me, and one of them started to raise his gun to point at me. I yelled at him to drop his gun. He yelled back that he thought my tripod was a turkey.

If my tripod can look like a turkey, I can only imagine what Opah will look like if he dresses up as a doe during doe season. Yikes!

Stevehazard

Reaction score
Opah do you buy all these weird things? I'm starting to think a tour though your garage might be pretty entertaining!

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
I bet on Tech, But I am real cheap, already looking for a Nylon Cow fabric so I can start making my own. (0 dollars for the Pattern and 5 to 7 dollars to make it. Not sure if you remember the Trip line Bleep calls I made last year, they work but not as good as these will.
All the Archers know how easy it is to get busted by a deer for a long breath, Now all they will see is anougther deer NOT OPAH THE HUNTER ! I like the Idea of when you got Deer out of range, I'm trying to stalk up closer, when they seen me they are not concerned , hell if it is a buck he may come to me and with a little bit of Doe in heat buck Bomb its golden.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Saturday My friends, the real deal, Does it work or will Doe's see right thru it ? All the rifle guys are gone but ity may be a couple weeks after General to get the Doe Moving again. Then again they learn real quick they are not the ones being Hunted, I'll give it a go, hell I have 6 more weeks. A31 Rules !

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
this is the real deal My Bow
20181115_155532.jpg

Now this is my Bow
ubder cover

20181115_155656.jpg

scared the crap out of the wife with it. :rotflmao:

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
And even though it twist down to a 6" circle, it fits into my bow case layinf flat
Tomorrow Morning will tell, yes sir tomorrow morning ! AND if it works as good as I think it will
I can now take the time to pick out that Big Mama insted of settling for the first deer in sight.
Going to have to get My grandson out with me I need a Camera Man, seems I could win a complete set
of all the shields by documenting a successful hunt ! I can see it Now !

This week on american Hunter we will be out with Opah testing his new Muley Doe Sheild and there I'll be
My smiling face on color TV Awe man its going to be beatiful and then Maybe my picture on the cover of
field and streem and then my dream come true I'll get my own show and get to hunt for a Living !!!!

HHUUU WWhat shit just woke up :rotflmao: it was nice while it lasted

dthome

Reaction score
Opah, my advice: don’t pass up an opportunity. You don’t seem to get out very often (who can afford the time?), so take what you can get.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
That ius a fact, have not held my rifle since I cleaned it last year. any legal deer is better than no deer !

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Well saturday Morning I arrive at the Doe Bow, a little more light than normal, (the time change) not takeninto consideration.
But get out and up to the top and what the hell, trees gone tractor tracks all over the place, someone harvested a buch of Fire wood.
Not a good sign and sure enough no Doe showed, no birds, no squirrels, shit not even a lizard.
so after a while I decide it is a good time to work on the blind, installed a nice stump seat and cleared all the noisy tender, check my yardages, the shield packed up in my day pack very nicely, went on the bow easily and provided fantastic cover if I had to draw my bow. Going back Saturday morning this time an hour earlier, Dress warmer and make sure I have My Bleep Call. All should get back to Normal in a week or two, we'll see.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
YES, My 3D goggly eyes and a free gift ( silent quick disconnects ) Cant wait to get the eyes on tonight !

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Saturday morning was a bust, Nothing Moving at all. Someone was up cutting fire wood, tractor tracks every where.
So hopefully next Saturday the area will have quited down enough and the Doe return to there normal routine.

Top Bottom