This is starting to get OLD!!

thehairlessone

Reaction score
A while back we were talking about the problems we have had with people wanting us to make them cameras. Well, heres mine. In may a guy i am sorta friends with wanted me
to make him one. I told him if he got the stuff or whatever i would do the wiring if he
did the box. Then he talked me into doing the whole thing.

Now it has been done for almost 2 months. I called him last nite and told him i needed the money. I put up almost $100 of my own money to get everything i needed to do it. Know what he said? I should be able to have it by the end of next month. I am getting fed up with him! By the time he gets it if he does when he said he will it will have been at least 3 months from the time i called him and told him it was done.

I thought about selling it to someone else and i know i can. But i really dont need the money this month. It just ticks me off! Had to vent a little.

rick

:flameout:

bradj

Reaction score
Hey if that camera is digital I would be interested in buying it off you.
The best way to built it for someone is to ask for parts money up front or at least half they come up with the other half a lot quiker.

shadow

Reaction score
I agree with ******....SELL IT!!! recoop your money while people are interested in scouting BEFORE season starts not after.  Heck next month puts you in hunting season when you should have your scouting done already.

shufigo

Reaction score
Mike - Key words at the top of your post " a guy I'm kinda friends with" --. You just need a better group of friends!! Sell that puppy!!!

thehairlessone

Reaction score
i was thinking about selling it and then IF he gives me the $ then make him another. I have another friend that is wanting one and wanted me to make him one but i told him i had to have the cash first.

I learned my lesson big time on that one!

rick

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I would sell it to the first person with the money,then if this guy still wants one charge him extra and get the money up front<-----.there is a guy at work who has told me several times he wants one,always next month,i never built it yet cause he has not give me the money to buy the stuff.its only 100.00

(Edited by Passthru at 10:58 am on Aug. 13, 2002)

thehairlessone

Reaction score
I will tell you what i would like to do. Another friend was wanting one and i told him i would i would trade him one for his gamecube and everything. I would like to have one of those but dont want to part with the cash.

Anyone have one of those or a playstation 2 they would part with for a camera?

rick

bigbucks

Reaction score
SELL IT!!!!  It's his tough luck. He shouldn't have told you to build him one if he couldn't afford it.  Rick, did you get my pics?

bat

Reaction score
hairless you should hear some of my stuff I put up with from "so called friends" they would make your camera sound like a little problem....but hey I had a buddy did me the same way, called him told him it was ready (left a message on his answering machine) no contact, been over two months.  Well last week another friend of mine saw one of mine I made he asked me to build him one....well you know who owns the other guys camera now.... bat don't put up with much crap lol  sell that puppy
:batwings:

buckmarkhnter

Reaction score
I am building one  now for a guy I have known for about 25 years.   he was kind enough to let me park my camper year round on his farm and me and my sons to hunt his 600 acres, for free. I thought it was the least I could do.  I am also building him a steel gate this weekend, someone trashed his a couple weeks ago.

MBullism

Reaction score
Unload it or consider it one of your own (you can't have too many, right?)  I've had enough "friends" at the gun club ask me  to build them one...  I give them all this site address and an offer of assistance.  I haven't had one taker yet-  BUT, I told the V.P. I'd build one for the club to raffle (with no warranty on my part, LOL).  They ought to be able to make $500 on it and if I donate it the cost goes towards my work hours...  I figure I'll let the club make some money off my new "friends"...

gizz

Reaction score
buckmarkhnter - Way to go!
You'd be surprised by some of the type that want to hunt private property with no regard to the owners needs. Keep on helping the landowner  with some of his daily/weekly/seasonal tasks and you'll have a place forever. A homebrew cam is a very cool gift idea for him/her as well.

Advertisement

Top Bottom