This Just Sucks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
Some may know, most will not. Sierra Mtn Archery is no longer!
Closed this week, just couldn't hold on with the way things are going. I for one, am heart broken and wish I could have done more...Robert is a great guy and a good friend, it's eat him up to do this...

They'll be some questions, but please give him time to sort things out and get a handle on everything.

Robert and Jim are some of the best bow mechanics I know and will be sorely missed in the Archery community....

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
i am highly saddend Ike that you lost a good pro shop with great help, their is not many around in the first place, hope it never happens to my pro shop, i better get back down their and spend some money! good luck...........................tra

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Wow! That seemed like a good shop, especially with Robert at the helm. Really sad. I hope everything is OK with him.

DMC

Reaction score
That is to bad. I was just getting ready to make a run up to see him. I feel sorry for him. Hope he comes out alright.

Duknutz

Reaction score
Oh Man Ike,
I can't believe that,hadn't made it to the last couple Thursday league nights.That is sad,Robert and Jim were good friendly guys and that was a great shop.Where are us BowTech guys going to roll to now George?.....Ron..

ironworker

Reaction score
Past experience shows that people that lose a business for whatever usually come back within five years. Store owners usually have an inventory that they keep in their garage after they close the store. Doing repair or whatever work in their spare time in the garage until finally it consumes enough time to reopen the doors.

I lost everything in 1999. I filed for bankruptcy in Jan 2000 and opened another business doing the exact same thing 2 years later. Business today is great, we employee 38 men and women and sales are 10 times what they were previously.

If your friend enjoyed his business, I'm sure he will be back better than ever before too long.

Rich

Ernie

Reaction score
Talked to Robert last night and really feel his pain. Both he and Jim are freinds to many and will surely be missed by all.

Yeah...he needs time to sort things out.

HeavyHorns

Reaction score
WOW...I got the news this morning from Duknutz.......Sad Day!!! Robert and Jim are "good people" whom we need to keep in the industry. I am sure that they will land on their feet and make another charge at it. Good Luck Guys!!!

Was anyone else planning to take the Bowhunter Education class on May 16th and 17th at Sierra Mountain Archery?????? If anyone hears that this class is going to be held somewhere else on those dates, let us know.

Shane

One Track

Reaction score
That's hard to hear. However, it's probably a solid business decision. Times are tough right now. I met Robert at the P&Y Measuring Clinic that he graciously hosted for three days at the shop. Great guy with a great appreciation for Mexican Food! Best of luck to them in their future endeavors.

bsbowhunter

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this shop, as i live down south, but this is why I do 99.9% of my business with a pro shop rather than a mail order or bass pro. You can't get REAL help on archery equipment at these mega stores!
I hope he can re open soon, we need all the pro shops!

jhuhtala

Reaction score
Dang, that sucks! Guess I don't need to worry about that turkey contest any more. I'd imagine that Sportsman's Warehouse had plenty to do with it, even though I don't know anyone that would trust them to crank on their bow.

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
Damn!!! I hate to hear that, Robert & Jim are friends and wish them the best. Ike, keep us/me updated.

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
I'm trying to get them to open 'garage' shops at least....No way can we let their kind of talent go!
As for dealers/shops for BowTech, there is a small one in Dixon that is suppose to be pretty good...We'll see what happens!

2rocky

Reaction score
I just want to offer my sympathies to Robert. I really enjoyed meeting him at the P&Y measurers class, and I was impressed with his enthusiasm, and customer service. I am sure he and his family will do well at what ever the future holds.

SMA, my best wishes looking forward. Your good service and friendly atmosphere will be missed.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
A great shop that hopefully is able to reopen if that is where the powers that be want to be.

I enjoyed his hospitality for the Pope and Young clinic and wish them all the best.

Toxophile

Reaction score
Well, that just ruined my day! It was a good thing when they moved to one mile from my workplace last September. I have great memories of that shop...getting ready for my first hunting trip, Pope & Young class, introduction to BowTech... I'll miss Robert, Jim and Bob - maybe they can finally make the broadhead league at El Dorado Hills Bowmen this year...

CA Bowhunter

Reaction score
QUOTE (One Track @ Apr 3 2008, 08:52 AM)
That's hard to hear. However, it's probably a solid business decision. Times are tough right now. I met Robert at the P&Y Measuring Clinic that he graciously hosted for three days at the shop. Great guy with a great appreciation for Mexican Food! Best of luck to them in their future endeavors.
DITTO
I met Rob at the same P&Y measuring Clinic and Rob made you feel like you knew him your all of life, it is sad to hear that he close his shop
Rob told me that he loved the business, I would sure like to see Rob open a shop in Reno NV the last Guy that had one open close it because he could not keep up, and did not have anytime to hunt.

Toxophile

Reaction score
I've thought it over, and I just don't want to accept it.
Until I hear from Rob otherwise, I'm adopting the stand that he is on vacation and playing a sick, week-long April Fools joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom