This maybe a PITA ? A bolt 2 browning, 30mm tube Vortex with a 56MM objective YIKES!!!

OPAH

OK got my new scope yesterday, but it looks like it is going to be a Pain in the ass to Mount.
The 56mm Objective will require Raised rings, the Browning Abolt2 the ring base screws onto
the top of the Breach.
Not seeing this combination around, any assistance on how to find these things. I figure if I can find qwhat I need then I can find where they are sold, really want this mounted and sighted in for my pig hunt next weekend.

Revo2811

Damn Sounds like a spotting scope
I had issues with my 44mm.
I had to go to bass pro-turners-ammo bros to fin the right fit. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OPAH

They do have slide bases for the Abolt 2, then I can go to a standard raised 30mm set of rings.
I have both scopes and the old rings with me figure to set them on the glass of the Optics counter at BPS and say lets make this work.
Buy some cheap 30/06 and a bow of new non-leaded should be set for this weekend

OPAH

It looks so freaking awesome, and yes a spotting scope does come to mind when you see it
should be able to count the ticks at first light with it

Last edited:

OPAH

Don't let this go to your head Gdog but YOU THE MAN !

Browning A Bolt and A Bolt II mounts: Base screws are 6-48 X 1/4″ long. Ring screws are 6-40 X 5/8″ long. Both screws use 7/64 Allen wrench. Super Short action – Outside to outside of rings is 3.84″. Standard rings have 2 screws per ring and rings are .63″ wide. 4 Hole to hole spacing dimensions are .86″, 3.02″, .56″. Height of mounts from top of receiver to centerline of scope tube is – low .94″, medium 1.06″, and high 1.19″. Fits right hand firearms. Short action – Outside to outside of rings is 3.84″. Standard rings have 2 screws per ring and rings are .63″ wide. Tactical rings have 4 screws per ring and are .80″ wide. 4 Hole to hole spacing dimensions are .86″, 3.11″, .86″. Height of mounts from top of receiver to centerline of scope tube is – low .94″, medium 1.06″, and high 1.19″. Fits both left and right hand firearms. Long action – Outside to outside of rings is 4.60″. Standard rings have 2 screws per ring and rings are .63″ wide. Tactical rings have 4 screws per ring and are .80″ wide. 4 Hole to hole spacing dimensions are .86″, 3.87″, .86″. Height of mounts from top of receiver to centerline of scope tube is – low .94″, medium 1.06″, and high 1.19″. Fits both left and right hand firearms.

THIS IS IT !!

TheGDog

I put a DNZ Game Repear on my .30-30 I like it soo much got another one when I eventually got a .223 Rem.

Also... if you guys will recall... I fell.. with that .30-30 in my hands.... hard enough to shatter my wrist and bend the metal lip over on the objective end of the .30-30's 1-3x20mm scope. The next year? STILL ZEROED!
WP_20170424_001.jpg

Last edited:

garlicsalt

Way to much scope for pig hunting, unless you are getting shots at 700 plus yards. it's not about how cool it look's but about how it functions in the proper situations.

OPAH

A low light Wet dream, laminated center dot yes this scope was designed to do this ! HOG HUNT

1the HOG HUNTER is Monted 001.jpg1the HOG HUNTER is Monted 005.jpg

With the help of a Leopold bridge and High mount rings this 30MM tube and 56 objective is ready to do its job almost
spend Saturday sighting in and fine tuning the harmonics and we will be in business

OPAH

Ok 40 rounds is just not enough, Bore sight two rounds beautiful
100 yards couple inches high 6 / 8 rounds great
200 yards cheepo rounds verses Non leaded, Non leaded higher a good 2 inches 6 rounds each not getting a good grouping. Call it a day
Sunday Morning Fresh Hot coffee, no beer, Rifle rest fell apart the BOSS was to much for it
OK 4 more rounds Of non- leaded and I am in the center and a 3" grouping.
Going to need one or two more boxes to tune The Harmonics to the new rounds, but good enough for a pip or two this coming weekend.

So here it comes for the Harmonics I need a great rifle rest, something that will lock it into place SOLID!!!
Now the BOSS is the Sweetest 06 you will ever shoot but the percussion will deafen people in a 10 foot radius and beat the shit
out of what even is holding it, Thus the need for a really good rest. No Sand Bags or pillows this need to be a Vise!\
For under 10 Dollars ?

Revo2811

just got this like 2 weeks ago. You can borrow it for $9.99.
It should hold the BOSS 06 5000.4 times 10 in place for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OPAH

Cool how about May 11th thru the 13th ? This will be a Non- working weekend at the Refuge, can spend all day Saturday softly tuning it. Still need a 200 yrd spotting scope, this walking or driving back and forth was a real time absorber, Question could a telescope be used as a spotting scope ? Fudge if it could see a crater on the Moon it should be able to see a hole in a target at 200 yards correct ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom