Thunder Gobbles

Bankrunner

Reaction score
A couple days ago up in the foothills we had a big storm roll through and the thunder was setting off the toms in a big way. Spring is in the air and the toms are starting to fan.
It was cool to hear the turkeys gobbling to the sound of thunder but also wanted to let people know it's a good time to get out there and scout because the turkeys are starting to break out of their winter patterns. Not to mention that the spring season is right around the corner.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
One of these Late March early April Days I need to get out to a spot I really believe the Big bear Planted turkeys are. YES YES I know must would say they were desimated by the Preditors, and the others say the Planting never Happened.
I have seen the Sign, but never Heard or seen them and that was years ago when I hunted D14. I need to get down into this Canyon get Hunkered down and invisible for a couple Mornings and Just listen. Once Iknow for sure then I can Thow out some yelps and begin the hunt to thier roosting trees.

https://youtu.be/z8-djPVUrOQ

dthome

Reaction score
Sweet! I'm looking forward to the season.

Bankrunner

Reaction score
I was thinking you might be out scouting or checking on your secret spots? Good luck this year!
Anyway it's a good time to look for sheds as well cause the grass is still short enough. But it won't stay short for long.
Opah, If you think turkeys are in the area just be there at dawn and slam your truck door. That will be enough to make em gobble at this time of year.

cjack

Reaction score
2 1/2 weeks out.......Can't wait!!!

Top Bottom