Tiger Woods is Freakin Amazing

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Those last 5 holes might be the best I have ever witnessed in golf. I just put Lil Buck to bed, because he refused to sleep until he watched Tiger finish his round. Im glad he was so insistant. The shots he pulled out were unreal. I sincerely believe he is the best athlete in the world. On 17, he was on the side of the green, basically at a 45% up angle. His knee was shot, so he chipped almost completely standing on one leg. He one hopped it in for birdie. Unreal.

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I don't know about the best "athlete" in the world, but he is without a doubt the most amazing golfer....EVER. The kid is just unbelievable at times.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a golfer. The wife is. But I gotta tell ya Tiger is unreal. I watch all the Majors. I enjoy the skill these people have.
But I agree with Rancho. Not enough rifle ranges around to suit me.

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I sincerely believe he is the best athlete in the world[/b]
He's one of the most disciplined competitors in the world, but he ain't even close to being in the top 10,000 world's best athletes. Remember, John Daly is a golfer, obvious reason that golf is not a sport.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
yeah but if partying were, he'd be in the top 10. Don't that count for anything?

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
I agree the guy is unreal! The best golfer ever as said before, but not the best athlete...

One Track

Reaction score
I think you guys are wrong. If his dad would have put a baseball bat in his hands, Tiger would be one of the best baseball players of all time. He's one of those guys that is wired to be the best at whatever he does. Is bowhunting a sport? Arrowslinger makes is look like a sport. On the other hand, I make it look like a hobby.

Tominator

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (One Track @ Jun 16 2008, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think you guys are wrong. If his dad would have put a baseball bat in his hands, Tiger would be one of the best baseball players of all time. He's one of those guys that is wired to be the best at whatever he does. Is bowhunting a sport? Arrowslinger makes is look like a sport. On the other hand, I make it look like a hobby.[/b]
I concur...

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (One Track @ Jun 16 2008, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think you guys are wrong. If his dad would have put a baseball bat in his hands, Tiger would be one of the best baseball players of all time. He's one of those guys that is wired to be the best at whatever he does.[/b]
The thing is that the same could be said about Michael Jordan, Lance Armstrong, Pele, etc....

Buck-eye

Reaction score
This brings up a great debate. Who is a better athlete than Tiger? I agree that his sport doesnt require the stamina or violent contact that others do. But, no other sport requires more technical percision and mental toughness than golf. That is why no one has or will ever "master" golf.
This guy is so freakin centered it is scary. I have played golf a looong time, and yet I am still a duffer. To take a ball and hit it within 5 feet of a hole that you cannot even see on a continual basis to me is amazing.
I would put hitting a baseball up there as one of the most difficult things in sports, but that doesnt define the player. Golf is a single person-numero uno-me against the world sport.

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Buck-eye @ Jun 16 2008, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This brings up a great debate. Who is a better athlete than Tiger? I agree that his sport doesnt require the stamina or violent contact that others do. But, no other sport requires more technical percision and mental toughness than golf.[/b]
F1 pilots.

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Armstrong is a pretty solid pull Tom. Didnt think of him. That has to take some serious mental fortitude to complete that race every year.

Mirkwood

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spectr17 @ Jun 16 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Nobody swings a wood like Big John.[/b]

Hence the "84 Lumber" sponsorship.

I have to agree, Tiger is one of the most mentally tough people I have ever seen.

barel74

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Buck-eye @ Jun 16 2008, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This brings up a great debate. Who is a better athlete than Tiger?[/b]
Tiger is an amazing golfer, but it's really comparing apples and oranges. There are elites in every sport, that could be listed. But if I had to pick someone, maybe A-rod. The guys an amazing ball player, and will break most batting records long before retirement.

Top Bottom