Time stamp on the Canon PF

Dbworld

Reaction score
I got back pics today and the daylight with snow pics I can't see a time stamp at all.  I knew it would be tougher to see.  But I brought into Corel and enlarged that portion where the time stamp should be, thinking I would see something...doesn't look like it's showing anything at all.  Could it be it's not imprinting on the pic?  Or is that just the way it is with light background pics?  Killing me to find out what time of day they were coming through.  

Zeke

Reaction score
Db, Check to make sure the "bar" above the date/time on back of the cam is showing. I just got back my 3rd roll and the date/time didnt show up. I went to get the cam yesterday and the 4th roll has been taken..and I checked to see if the "bar" was there and it wasnt. Evidently, with the extra foam I put around the shutter and the dessicant pack I put behind the cam, one of the dessicant crystals pushed a button for the time/date when I put the cover on...ie. no date/time on pics.  Oh well...I know better now!  Z

Dbworld

Reaction score
Thing is all the night time pics from the same roll have the time stamp....

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Db,
I'd guess weak date-back batt.  Enough juice to have the pics show up on the dark night pics - but weak enough to get completely washed out on the day/snow pics.
Someone started a thread about testing the date-back batt a while back - try a search for it.

Archilochus

Possum

Reaction score
If it was there at night then it was there in the day.  Just got washed out.  Some of my cameras have a weaker date stamp than the others - even with a new date battery.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I figured it probably was there during the day...i just couldn't see it.  I thought if brought the digital image into Corel I could zoom in on the area where it should be and isolate different color pixels and possibly get the stamp...still couldn't see anything.  Well I don;t have the prints and negatives yet.  Slim chance, but maybe they'll show up on there.

gizz

Reaction score
All my cams seem to work as you described dbworld. The colder it gets the worse my stamps get. I can see the night time stamps but the daytime stamps with white snow or just very light background I can never see them. No idea what the problem is but I noticed that over the warmer weather months that I have no problem with stamps, day or night. Probably a comination of cold and light background?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom