Timer help

beagleman28

Reaction score
After two cameras and lots of cuss words, my first unit finally works.  I'm going to start my second tomorrow.  I would like to add a timer to it.  However, I'm electronicly challenged.  I don't know how to read the diagrams that are posted.  Can someone suggest the easiest timer to use/build and make a list of what i need to make it?  I used the RS PIR with the first camera but may try the Lamson this time.  I would like about a 1 minute to 2 minute delay between pictures.

TmKarren

Reaction score
I use the Mainstays 110o PIR from Walmart.  It has the delay you want 2 minutes.  It also has 5 seconds on test.  I just redid it and put it back in the box.  Great results.  I have three time delays on it.  I have a 18 second. 2 minute. and a 10 minute.  I need to make the timer that keeps the camera from shuting down.  I have them wired to a DPDT center off.  I have the ten minute wired on the center post with the contact.  I don't think it will hurt anything. Why I have it this way is.  I found out that the lowest relay takes the juice.  Thats why I wired it this way.  The other two on the top, and bottom posts.  Thanks for those who pointed my in the right way tinhorn, and the gang!

Top Bottom