TIMER OR 2

coyotehunters

Reaction score
OK GUYS I HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY ANOTHER OWL PF AND START MY SECOND CAM OR BUY A TIMER FROM JOEDS TO PUT ON MY FIRST CAM.WHICH WAY SHOULD I GO.

gizz

Reaction score
I purchased some of JoeD's chips a while ago but just haven't had time to retrofit my already finished cams yet. Gonna maybe try one in the next few weeks. If your gonna put the cam over a feed pile i'd say retrofit your first cam with the timer......but......Why not build your second cam and maybe add the timer to it........or.......If your not having any troubles with the cam locking up then maybe bypass the timer altogether. It's more of a luxury not a necessity. BTW, I have about 12 cams between mine and family members and have never had one cam Lock Up. I've put them over feed with lots of deer/creatures present and the PIR always seemed to find a brief period to "reset" itself.
Good luck,
gizz

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I'd build a new cam with the timer (a deluxe model)  he he,  easy to spend your money huh!

I put 2 stage timers on all my cams, including friends and relatives (about 15 now) because, the 1st one I built, I set on the back porch after dark one evening because I knew Yard Rabbits would be testing it......

When I seen it take 5 pixs of one rabbit in about 20 seconds, I built my 1st timer!   it also seems to reduce SunLight false alarms somewhat.

Tinhorn

Possum

Reaction score
Go for the timer.  If your camera was like mine it would take the first deer and then not take another one as long as the first animal kept the PIR tripped.  When i put a timer on it, I got all kinds of multiple animals in the pic.  It was worth it.  I like Tinhorns idea.  Go for the whole enchilada!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom