Timer Questions

Lew

Reaction score
I'm a real beginner but making progress.  I bought a timer kit from Kevin May and promptly ruined it trying to solder for the first time.  However, I got good practice and learned some of the skills.  Then I bought a Ramsey timer kit (UT5) and have successfully got it soldered.  I have a Lamson PIR and a Canon PF system that I am putting together.  My question is, do I set the timer up for monstable mode or astable mode and which capacitor do I use.  I plan to hook the timer to a RS#275-232 relay.  There are so many choices that this novice needs a little(well a lot of) expert advice.  Thanks.  Lew

wfontjr

Reaction score
monostable, i not sure which cap you are asking about, i am not familiar with the ramsey timer, the simplest timer for me has been to use the auto switch on a ms20 and the welby one shot timer

Lew

Reaction score
wfontjr,  Thanks for the help.  The Ramsey kit comes with three capacitors and says to use the one that is best for your application.  If I don't get some expert advice I will just try the old, "trial and error" method.  Lew

wfontjr

Reaction score
which pin does the capacitor go on, if its on pin 6/7 its used to set the time the relay is tripped, the higher the cap the longer the trip, if it used on pin 2 its part of the trigger, im not exactly sure i understand what increasing the cap does here

Latest Posts

Top Bottom